2U’s internship program, the 2ternship, has been a critical part of 2U's growth since the inception of the company. Many individuals, including some executive leaders, started their careers as 2terns and continue their tenure today here at 2U.
A 2ternship allows students to build skill sets in their area of interest, gain real world business experience and receive ongoing feedback to maximize their professional development. Our 2terns attend meetings with lead executives, shadow colleagues and utilize various training resources throughout their work tenure. 2terns experience this all while being a part of a diverse and inclusive organization that is working towards one common mission - Making education more accessible and global.
This is a 6 month full-time paid internship which will expose you to the world of EdTech.
Content Design Team:
The 2U design teams include multimedia, creative, graphic design and motion design teams. These teams produce web layouts, graphics and other creative items as a part of overall marketing efforts. As a design intern, you will work with writers, editors, marketing coordinators and other designers to create high quality work that is grounded in the values of our University partners to support 2U’s digital marketing platforms.
Why Join Us:
At 2U, Inc., we share a common belief that education can change lives. So when you work for 2U, you become a part of that. A team whose guiding principles are comprised of striving for excellence, having fun, being bold and fearless, and cherishing each opportunity. Want to head into work knowing you’re part of a purpose-driven company and your hard work has an impact on lives? Join us.
What You Will Do
- Create conceptual designs for marketing collateral such as infographics, editorial content, videos, and presentations.
- Ensure visual differentiation by actively exploring new visual solutions for our 2U partner programs.
- Create and maintain the visual identities for our partner programs and ensure consistent application of identities across channels.
- Manage requests for new creative refinements.
- Work with internal marketing teams, designers, copywriters and multimedia experts to design high-quality marketing assets for our university partner programs.
- Partner with front-end developers to create innovative solutions to help propel our web designs forward.
- Be agile in assisting with administrative tasks as per the business' needs.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Currently enrolled or have recently completed a tertiary qualification.
- Majors in Graphic Design, Art, UI/UX and Web Design are preferred.
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud software.
- Knowledge of multiple paid social and display channels such as Facebook, LinkedIn, etc. including a firm understanding of creative best practices in various paid advertising channels.
- Strong knowledge of web applications and basic software.
- Familiarity with HTML and CSS coding.
- Foundational knowledge of typography.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Focus on achieving defined results, by being detail-oriented and exceeding goals and objectives.
- Ability to multitask, switch priorities, collaborate with colleagues and be flexible.
- Ability to thrive in an environment of change while constantly adapting and evolving with our organization.
- Ability to research and understand technical documents.
- A passion for digital design and/or web development.
- Desire to work in a fast-paced environment while working with a diverse team.
- Job type:Internships
Design and User Experience
Cape Town (South...
- Closing Date:22nd May 2021, 6:00 pm