The Entry-Level Accountant role is the perfect entry into the finance team. The core function of the role is to perform daily cash management duties, maintain accounts receivable records, reconciliation of debtor’s accounts, and assisting other teams where necessary regarding student queries. Month end is a critical time for the AR Team and usually consists of reconciling debtors accounts, investigating and resolving all discrepancies in debtors accounts.
Entry-Level accountants will be required to assist with finance related queries and may be required to assist other teams with student queries. 2U Cape Town offers a high-energy work environment that’s both challenging and fun. We work hard, but our offices are casual and social places.
2U Cape Town offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- 2 complimentary Getsmarter short courses per year.
- Subsidized medical aid with Discovery.
- 4% 2U contribution towards Discovery Life Pension Fund and Group Risk Benefit.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
- Generous leave policy including time off to volunteer for non-profit organizations.
What You Will Do
- Perform daily cash management duties, including the recording of bank deposits, updating and distribution of cash receipt logs, and posting of cash to the accounts receivable sub-ledger.
- Assisting with finance related student queries (Salesforce).
- Processing of suspensions.
- Processing Deferral and Cancellation.
- Certificate checks.
- Gathering/uploading of SOX evidence.
- Monitoring and reconciling unallocated deposits accounts.
- Assisting Lead Student Finance Advisers.
- Month end prep - Pre month end reconciliation (Investigating and resolving of debtors account discrepancies).
- Payment allocations between different entities.
- Reconciling all cash accounts (Performing a reconciliation of cash accounts such as Pay fast, Stripe and Peach Payments for all entities).
- Investigating and resolving account discrepancies. Verify discrepancies of Debtor’s accounts.
- Reclassing and reconciling of unknown’s liability accounts.
- Revenue and debtor analysis - When requested by Management or business.
- Assisting and gathering documentation for audits.
- Interdepartmental collaboration.
- Delegated tasks from management.
- Month-end process needs to be performed in a timely manner as failure to meet the deadline holds-up the rest of the finance team in month-end close.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Studied or studying towards an Accounting/Finance diploma or degree, financially literate with a good understanding of accounting for transactions and the ability to perform reconciliations.
- Relevant finance experience would be advantageous.
- Experience working with an ERP Accounting system (Sage, SAP, Oracle, Acumatica) advantageous.
- Good interpersonal skills and communication.
- Fair understanding of systems, information processing, data integrity and information reporting.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy.
- Problem solving skills.
- Teamwork is critical to achieving success in this role. You will need to establish strong relationships with employees across the team and within your own division.
- We don’t micromanage. You must diagnose problems and brainstorm solutions without any prompts.
- Ability to work under pressure with stringent deadlines whilst maintaining a high level of accuracy.
- Ability to conceptualize and implement process improvements.
- Ability to think in a systematic fashion.
- Ability to speak directly to students over the phone and communicate via email.
- Must be able to work independently and be able to multi-task.
- Willingness to learn and embrace change.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Accounting, Banking and Finance
Cape Town (South...
- Closing Date:10th Jul 2021, 6:00 pm