2U’s internship program, the 2ternship, has been a critical part of 2U's growth since the inception of the company. Many individuals, including some executive leaders, started their careers as 2terns and continue their tenure today here at 2U.
A 2ternship allows students to build skill sets in their area of interest, gain real world business experience and receive ongoing feedback to maximize their professional development. Our 2terns attend meetings with lead executives, shadow colleagues and utilize various training resources throughout their work tenure. 2terns experience this all while being a part of a diverse and inclusive organization that is working towards one common mission - Making education more accessible and global.
This is a 6 month full-time paid internship which will expose you to the world of EdTech.
Finance and Accounting Team:
The Finance and Accounting team is responsible for financial reporting and record keeping, within the debtors and creditors function. They are responsible for the company’s budgeting forecast process, properly accounting for the treatment of revenue, expenses, assets and liabilities as well as monitoring the financial performance of our service offerings. The finance team is the point of contact for all student financial related requests and ensure the company has a smooth running internal financial process.
What You Will Do
- Assist the Finance and Accounting team with month end tasks and reporting.
- Process invoices for payments (creditors).
- Manage and resolve student and internal employees’ financial queries.
- Prepare/build relevant financial reports using SQL and reporting in Tableau.
- Maintain accurate and complete financial records.
- Analyze employee time sheets to understand the cost of production of the product.
- Be agile in assisting with administrative tasks as per the business' needs.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Currently enrolled (final year) or have recently completed a tertiary qualification.
- Previous experience working with excel required; experience with SQL and Tableau preferred.
- Customer Service experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Focus on achieving defined results, by being detail-oriented and exceeding goals and objectives.
- Strong knowledge of web applications and basic software such as Google Suite.
- Desire to work in a fast-paced environment while working with a diverse team.
- Ability to research and understand technical documents.
- Ability to multitask, switch priorities, collaborate with colleagues and be flexible.
- Ability to thrive in an environment of change while constantly adapting and evolving with our organization.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Accounting, Banking and Finance
Cape Town (South...
- Closing Date:22nd May 2021, 6:00 pm