2U’s internship program, the 2ternship, has been a critical part of 2U's growth since the inception of the company. Many individuals, including some executive leaders, started their careers as 2terns and continue their tenure today here at 2U.
A 2ternship allows students to build skill sets in their area of interest, gain real world business experience and receive ongoing feedback to maximize their professional development. Our 2terns attend meetings with lead executives, shadow colleagues and utilize various training resources throughout their work tenure. 2terns experience this all while being a part of a diverse and inclusive organization that is working towards one common mission - Making education more accessible and global.
This is a 6 month full-time paid internship which will expose you to the world of EdTech.
IT Infrastructure and Support Team:
2U’s IT Infrastructure and Support teams build and manage the technologies that enable the best learning outcomes for students enrolled in our University partner programs, as well as support the technology for our 2U employees. Teams are responsible for provisioning, configuring, and maintaining both our internally and externally-facing hardware and software systems.
In addition, they are responsible for any website or system a prospective student interfaces with, including our learning management system. Teams work directly with engineers, project managers, UX, product managers, and business analysts in a highly collaborative manner ensuring the technology is utilized to maximize performance of our technology systems.
Why Join Us:
At 2U, Inc., we share a common belief that education can change lives. So when you work for 2U, you become a part of that. A team whose guiding principles are comprised of striving for excellence, having fun, being bold and fearless, and cherishing each opportunity. Want to head into work knowing you’re part of a purpose-driven company and your hard work has an impact on lives? Join us.
What You Will Do
- Provide assistance with launching new software and applications.
- Assist the team with deployment of new hardware (servers, switches, routers, etc.).
- Work with stakeholders on new requests and prioritize them for assignment by system administrators and engineers.
- Perform routine maintenance on existing IT systems and applications.
- Create and maintain documentation associated with internal infrastructure.
- Assist with day to day operations including ticket triage.
- Perform administrative and clerical duties as needed.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Currently enrolled or have recently completed a tertiary qualification.
- Experience and knowledge with office networking: routers, firewalls, switches, WAPs, WiFi security, VLANs, subnets, site to site and client VPN, networked printing, networked security.
- Experience working in multi-domain environments.
- Broad understanding of basic computing services and IT systems: Google Apps For Business, Salesforce, JIRA.
- Strong ability to work with technical administrators and engineers and translate technical requirements into project plans.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Focus on achieving defined results, by being detail-oriented and exceeding goals and objectives.
- Ability to research and understand technical documents.
- Ability to multitask, switch priorities, collaborate with colleagues and be flexible.
- Ability to thrive in an environment of change while constantly adapting and evolving with our organization.
- Broad familiarity with cloud computing, Networking and Telecom verticals.
- Strong knowledge of web applications and basic software such as Google Suite.
- Desire to work in a fast-paced environment while working with a diverse team.
- Job type:Internships
Cape Town (South...
- Closing Date:22nd May 2021, 6:00 pm