2U’s internship program, the 2ternship, has been a critical part of 2U's growth since the inception of the company. Many individuals, including some executive leaders, started their careers as 2terns and continue their tenure today here at 2U.
A 2ternship allows students to build skill sets in their area of interest, gain real world business experience and receive ongoing feedback to maximize their professional development. Our 2terns attend meetings with lead executives, shadow colleagues and utilize various training resources throughout their work tenure. 2terns experience this all while being a part of a diverse and inclusive organization that is working towards one common mission - making education more accessible and global.
This is a 6 month full-time paid internship which will expose you to the world of EdTech.
The People team is responsible for hiring, onboarding, training, developing and administration of all personnel at 2U. Through recruiting, learning, organizational structure, benefits, compensation and system support, the People team functions as a cohesive unit to ensure all the needs of 2U employees are met, enabling them to maximize performance in their job function. Interns will be aligned to a People team function based on interests and team availability.
The Global Workforce Design team is a specialized Community of Experts made up of internal and external individuals who add value through their various skill sets. The function is responsible for global mobility; leveraging regional efficiencies to identify optimal labor markets; and working closely with our front line, HRBPs, to guide leaders and managers in building out and effectively managing strong, diverse teams.
What You Will Do
- Assist in the functions day-to-day operations, including managing incoming queries and drafting responses.
- Maintain and secure data regarding employees in our systems.
- Assist with the orientation of new employees, ensuring necessary paperwork is complete and processed.
- Conduct data analysis when prompted in an effort to develop consistent and scalable processes.
- Update and maintain employee personnel files as related to GWD.
- Collaborate with People team departments to advocate GWD processes and procedures.
- Provide overall administration and tactical support to promote the success of the HR team.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Currently enrolled or have recently completed a tertiary qualification.
- Demonstrated interest in human resources, communications, psychology, marketing, organizational development, and information systems preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Focus on achieving defined results, by being detail-oriented and exceeding goals and objectives.
- General understanding and strong interest in human resources and employee development.
- Strong knowledge of web applications and basic software.
- Desire to work in a fast-paced environment while working with a diverse team.
- Ability to research and understand technical documents.
- Ability to multitask, switch priorities, collaborate with colleagues and be flexible.
- Ability to thrive in an environment of change while constantly adapting and evolving with our organization.
- Job type:Internships
Cape Town (South...
- Closing Date:22nd May 2021, 6:00 pm