2U’s internship program, the 2ternship, has been a critical part of 2U's growth since the inception of the company. Many individuals, including some executive leaders, started their careers as 2terns and continue their tenure today here at 2U.
A 2ternship allows students to build skill sets in their area of interest, gain real world business experience and receive ongoing feedback to maximize their professional development. Our 2terns attend meetings with lead executives, shadow colleagues and utilize various training resources throughout their work tenure. 2terns experience this all while being a part of a diverse and inclusive organization that is working towards one common mission - making education more accessible and global.
This is a 6 month full-time paid internship which will expose you to the world of EdTech.
Video Production Team:
The 2U video production team works closely with university faculty to manage on-set video production and deliver a series of content-rich academic videos. The challenges of the position are logistical, require great attention to detail, a keen ability to generate accurate documentation, and the ability to operate within a system of many moving parts.
Why Join Us:
At 2U, Inc., we share a common belief that education can change lives. So when you work for 2U, you become a part of that. A team whose guiding principles are comprised of striving for excellence, having fun, being bold and fearless, and cherishing each opportunity. Want to head into work knowing you’re part of a purpose-driven company and your hard work has an impact on lives? Join us.
What You Will Do
- Assist the production team in multiple facets of pre-production (conceptualizing and planning), production (filming and directing) and post-production (editing and subtitles).
- Participate in filming (remote or in person) depending on business requirements. This entails interaction with, and direction of, the speakers, as well as logistical and technical coordination of the shoots.
- Conceptualize educational videos according to best pedagogical practices that enable student learning.
- Communicate effectively and efficiently with various internal and external stakeholders in the larger production process.
- Support production team with general administration, office duties and other traditional production assistant tasks.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Currently enrolled or have recently completed a tertiary qualification.
- Majors in Film, Television, Digital Media or Communications are preferred.
- Familiarity With Using Technology; Google Docs, Basic video editing, and general web-savvy.
- Focus on achieving defined results, by being detail-oriented and exceeding goals and objectives.
- Fundamental understanding or interest in video production and post production.
- Keen interest in learning and mastering the video production process.
- Desire to collaborate with colleagues.
- Ability to multitask, switch priorities, and be flexible.
- Ability to thrive in an environment of change while constantly adapting and evolving with our organization.
- Job type:Internships
Communications, Media and Advertising
Cape Town (South...
- Closing Date:22nd May 2021, 6:00 pm