3M is seeking Project Engineering Interns for the Corporate Engineering group located in Maplewood, MN in Summer 2020. As an intern, you can grow through challenging work, get involved in meaningful projects and receive great coaching from our leaders. An internship is a temporary position within 3M. Interns typically work a full-time schedule throughout a 10-12 week assignment.
What You Will Do
A Project Engineering Intern uses engineering knowledge and skills as a leader of a cross functional teams to define the scope, cost and schedule for capital investment projects which support 3M’s global manufacturing and research efforts. A project engineer also participates in cost reduction, quality improvements, new process and technology development programs, Lean Six Sigma and safety related activities.
We are proud to offer a culture with high levels of teamwork, collaboration, and cooperation. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to be involved with numerous 3M manufacturing processes, equipment and techniques, in numerous locations throughout the United States and the world.
Primary Responsibilities Include But Are Not Limited To The Following:
- Manage project timelines and budgets for assigned projects.
- Successfully interact with multiple discipline teams including 3M plant personnel, consultants and suppliers.
- Specify equipment performance and design criteria.
- Estimate capital equipment and installation costs.
- Define and execute competitive bidding strategy.
- Oversee plant equipment layout and design.
- Coordinate construction activity.
- Lead equipment commissioning.
- Protect 3M intellectual property.
- Communicate effectively to project team, facility staff and project owners.
- Gain understanding of applicable codes and guidelines to insure designs meet standards.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Currently pursuing a bachelor's degree in Mechanical, Chemical, Industrial, Manufacturing, or Electrical Engineering from an accredited program.
- Completed a minimum of Freshman Year (2 semesters) by the start of the internship.
- Current cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 Scale.
- Prior internship/co-op experience with 3M or another manufacturing company.
- Prior experience involving the design, build, operation, and/or maintenance of manufacturing equipment.
- Prior work experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Team player with the ability to contribute in a matrix environment.
- Job type:Internships
United States (United...
- Closing Date:30th Sep 2019, 6:00 pm