3M is seeking an IT Intern located in St. Paul, MN for Summer 2020. As an intern, you can grow through challenging work, get involved in meaningful projects and receive great coaching from our leaders. What You Will Do In BT & IT at 3M, you’ll find an opportunity to build skills, work on a team with talented professionals, and increase your leadership potential. Interns in Business Transformation & Information Technology address relevant business concerns through both individual and team-oriented projects.
IT Analyst intern assignments can occur in any of the functional areas within our organization; interns will work on projects that represent real challenges faced by 3M and mirror the work of our full-time team members.
IT Intern Assignment Areas Include, But Are Not Limited To:
- This team encompasses global applications and services that help enable business growth throughout 3M. Our global team is organized by Application Portfolios (Demand, Support, Supply), Application Services- Enterprise Development & Integration, and Global Areas. We focus on application development driving value realization, deployment of new IT solutions, and application support for our portfolios. Digitization and driving technology innovations to support 3M product development and commercialization are on-going priorities.
- The infrastructure group encompasses areas that select, implement and support hardware, system software, data, workstation and communications platforms needed across business solutions worldwide. Positions are primarily Technical Analysts, and we are looking for candidates interested in evaluating and deploying technologies, and scripting the automation of all infrastructure services, both on-premise and in the cloud.
- This group drives continuous improvement and standardization to ensure ERP releases are high quality, compliant, and low risk. This organization consist of Information Life Cycle Mgmt., Functional & Technical Cutover, Data Archiving, Performance Engineering and Tools, SAP Security, Release Management, Quality Assurance, Test & Defect Management, Global Command Center and Operations Control Center.
- This global organization is committed to protecting 3M and our customers. It is our objective to safeguard information, including intellectual property that is essential to our business, maintaining competitive advantage, and complying with internal policies, standards and legal requirements. This organization includes Data Loss Prevention and Endpoint Security, Compliance, Assessments, Architecture, Incident and Investigations, Identity & Access Management, Awareness and Security Technology Management.
- This team enables Data Science, Analytics and Reporting across the Enterprise by acquiring, integrating, governing, securing, visualizing and making data available for decision support and enterprise operations. Our team works with Big Data platforms such as Teradata, SAP HANA, Azure Data Lake; Data Integration Technologies such as Informatica, SAP BODS, Azure Data Factory; Data Visualization Technologies such as WebI, QlikView, Lumira, PowerBI; Advanced Analytics Technologies such as R, Python, Azure Databricks, etc. This team works cross-functionally within both IT and Business Groups to help 3M monetize data.
- This is a regional IT team that supports the processes and applications within 3M manufacturing sites across the United States and Canada. Positions are primarily business analysts looking for exposure to the business in a manufacturing setting, supporting sites, and working on cross-functional teams.
- This area is focused on defining and managing the critical data elements of our organization. This includes data analysis, cleansing, and global data quality/consistency and standardization in preparation for data flow into our global ERP system.
- This organization drives common standards, processes and methodologies across the IT organization. It includes the Program Value Management Office, which defines, governs and measures the financial impact of the IT Organization to 3M. It also includes hands-on Lean Agile coaching, training, and guidance using benchmarked practices, while defining and building technology pipelines that enable more rapid and reliable delivery of our IT software solutions to our customers using automation, artificial intelligence, and open-source tools.
- This group partners with business process and functional teams to drive and ensure undisrupted and efficient business processes. We define holistic (end to end) system and process visions, identify optimization opportunities that address root-cause issues, enable functional and process teams to implement positive changes, and facilitate the development of meaningful and predictive problem monitoring/prevention tactics.
- The Global Service Centers have 3 sites around the globe (Costa Rica, Philippines and Poland) and a global team based in St. Paul. The GSCs support all regions and functions on back-office transactional services and customer front facing services; with global functions and areas focusing on standardizing and centralizing activities as well as on enhancing service performance through automation, digitalization and innovation.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor's degree or higher in Information Technology, Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or a related discipline from an accredited institute.
- Current cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 scale.
- Previous internship experience.
- Previous experience working in Information Technology.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Job type:Internships
Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems, Information...
St Paul (United...
- Closing Date:10th Oct 2019, 6:00 pm