Operations PDP (OPDP) members begin their career at Abbott (Singapore) as a part of the 3-year program designed to provide participants with a broad growth and development through breadth and depth of Operations experience.
- Over the course of 3 years, an OPDP member will engage in three critical career experiences to accelerate learning.
- There will be 3 different assignments in different divisions and in different functional areas of Technical, Supervisory and Global Operations Excellence.
- There will be development & experience through rotation opportunities in Engineering, Supply Chain Planning/Material Management, Project Management, Plant Quality, Operation Excellence, etc.
- Upon completion of the program, they graduate out into their next full time post-program position and continue growing their career and contributing as an Abbott professional using the foundation of skills, experience and network developed during their time in the program.
- 3 assignments (12 months each) in different division and in different functional areas.
- No assignment is repeated; each is with a different Assignment Manager.
- OPDP member starting the program in July 2021 will complete a three-year program with the final global (overseas) rotation ending in June 2024.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Final-Year student pursuing Bachelor’s Degree/Master’s in Engineering in Singapore (Current students graduating before/in June 2021) or relevant candidates graduated in 2020 (less than 1 year of working experience).
- Track record of outstanding academic performance [Honours (Distinction) and above] and outstanding co-curricular activities.
- Has the capacity to apply skills and knowledge to address operational challenges and add value to the business.
- Interested in pursuing a career in Manufacturing/Operations – Engineering, Supply Chain, Plant Quality, etc.
- Has strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Possess strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Eager to learn and has the flexibility and willingness to work on different projects & functions.
- Previous internship or co-op work experience in an Operations/Manufacturing/Engineering-related position preferred.
- Able and willing to work across different Abbott locations in Singapore and/or worldwide.
Program Commencement Date - 1st July 2021 (Singapore).
- Job type:Internships
Engineering, Logistics and Supply Chain
- Closing Date:22nd May 2021, 6:00 pm