AbbVie (NYSE:ABBV) is a global, research-based biopharmaceutical company formed in 2013 following separation from Abbott. AbbVie combines the focus and passion of a leading-edge biotech with the expertise and capabilities of a long-established pharmaceutical leader to develop and market advanced therapies that address some of the world’s most complex and serious diseases.
The Operations Development Program (ODP) is a global leadership development program. The ODP offers a formal three-year program, with three 12-months assignments in different areas of Operations including the option to do a Global Assignment. ODP assignments are crafted to develop exceptional functional and leadership traits, by working on a wide range of projects and gaining exposure to different leaders in the company.
The ODP is focused on developing high potential leadership talent for AbbVie Operations globally. This program combines hands-on experiences and career mentoring with technical and leadership training to accelerate professional development. Members will graduate with a diverse experience, technical ability, and self-confidence to make remarkable impact for our patients. The ideal candidate will have a strong interest in pursuing a career in manufacturing operations in the pharmaceutical industry.
Over the course of the three year program, you will be given extensive opportunities to develop both professionally and personally which will give you the required skills needed for future success within our organization. We will work with you to create a personalized development plan to serve as a step-by-step guide towards the experiences, knowledge and resources necessary to achieve your career goals.
What you will do
- Be a regular full-time employee of AbbVie
- Work on a variety of assignments and cross functional project teams within AbbVie’s operations departments such as; API, Bio Manufacturing, Engineering, Quality and Technical
- Operations Develop a well-rounded skill set through each of your assignments
- Have the opportunity to visit and work in other AbbVie sites
- Be paired with a mentor, who will provide you with support and guidance in the development of your career
- Obtain training customized to support your individual growth and development
- Report to an assignment manager for each rotation who will oversee your day-to-day responsibilities.
- Will attend an Annual Development Program summit in Chicago* and will receive leadership training and networking opportunities in collaboration with other functional development programs.
*This may change due to the current COVID-19 situation this year
Required Skills and Abilities
- A Bachelor’s Degree with a GPA of 3.0/4.0 or 4.0/5.0 in Engineering, Science, or any related discipline
- A result oriented individual
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (English)
- Great interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to translate complex concepts into actionable data and presentation
- A Self-starter who can work independently and/or with large cross functional team
- Ability to multitask and prioritize the key activities
- Demonstrated relationship management skills
- Innovation and Teamwork focused
- Excellent presentation skills that encompass clear, compelling communications tailored to different group of stakeholders
- Motivated team player, meticulous with good listening skills and an eye for detail
- Demonstrated ability to take ownership and be hands on
- Resourceful and problem solver
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite applications
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
- Closing Date:12th May 2020, 6:00 pm