Parley for the Oceans is an environmental organization that runs several initiatives contributing to its cause. One of them is dedicated to Ocean Plastic, where it aims to change ways of consumption, clean up existing plastic waste and set new recycling standards. It therefore collaborates with global brands (e.g., adidas) and local partners.
Today, operations are focused on Small Island Development States like Maldives and Dominican Republic. adidas x Parley product-lines use fibers recycled from Ocean Plastic. Parley Operations is the area within adidas that ensures a steady and transparent supply of Parley Ocean Plastic to be used in Apparel and Footwear products.
What You Will Do
- Create transparency on supply and demand, highlighting & analyzing deviations.
- Support ongoing quality monitoring.
- Track material traceability data on regular basis and spot suspicious situations with root cause analysis and solution proposal.
- Monitor SEA compliance progress for established suppliers based on agreed Corrective Action Plan.
- Support and monitor SEA compliance pilots.
- Support costing negotiation by preparing data analysis and calculation tool as needed.
- Support industry in-depth study including but not limited to government policies, market trend on supply, demand and price impact, key recycling events.
Key Objectives (Special Tasks and Learnings):
- Support ongoing supply chain management incl. material availability, quality, and cost.
- Support material traceability execution.
- Support compliance execution.
- T3/T4/T5/T6 suppliers.
- SEA (Social and Environmental Affairs).
- Materials Planning FTW & APP.
- Materials Costing FTW & APP.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Enrolled student at an accredited college or university with emphasis on the areas of business, environment, supply chain, information systems, or operations.
- Required language skills - Fluent in English and Chinese (oral and in writing).
Additional Skills/ Qualifications:
- Good interpersonal and communication skills with interest/ability to understand the bigger picture.
- Ability to adapt and meet critical deadlines with good planning and organization skills.
- Intermediate/advanced level on Excel and Power-point.
- Self-motivated with a keen interest to learn.
- Job type:Internships
Business and Commerce, Environment, Information Systems,...
Hong Kong (Hong...
- Closing Date:17th Aug 2021, 6:00 pm