Advanced Energy has an immediate opening for a production intern to support our Industrial business in Milpitas, CA. The production intern will support all levels of production and assist the team where necessary including process improvement, documentation, and standardization. The intern will attend meetings related to production support and lead efforts to align standards to actual business practices.
This is a hands-on position where you will be interacting with individuals at all levels of the organization. This is an outstanding opportunity to work with an industry-leading engineering team in a highly technical, exciting and fast-paced environment!
What You Will Do
- Perform time observations on production processes and compare to system standards. Ensure alignment between production process and system reports. Update where appropriate.
- Support in lean and continuous improvement activities.
- Look for ways to improve and simplify the processes observed using lean techniques (standard work, 5S, waste elimination, value stream mapping, etc.).
- Work with the production team including engineers, supervisors, and operators to implement improvements and assist with training where necessary.
- General production support and site optimization where needed.
Required Skills and Abilities
- We are looking for a student enrolled in a four-year Engineering program including (but not limited to) Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, and/or Electrical Engineering.
- The candidate must be self-motivated and self-directing.
- Job type:Internships
United States (United...
- Closing Date:30th Apr 2020, 6:00 pm