Make Amazing Things Happen! Do you have your eye on the future and want to make a difference? As a recent graduate, you’ll have the chance to work alongside industry leaders on iconic projects that help shape and connect our cities and communities through AECOM’s wide variety of graduate opportunities available. Learn from challenges that can only be solved by a company like AECOM, one with deep roots, diverse perspectives and an innovative approach.
Build your future and make an impact with the support of their global network of experience.
We believe that actually doing the work itself gives the best opportunity to learn, so you can expect to be given responsibility, and will need to be able to work both autonomously and as part of a team, all whilst receiving the guidance and support to allow you to develop.
What We Offer:
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future. Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come
What You Will Do
- As a Graduate Project Surveyor, you will be involved in all commercial activities during the pre and post contract phases of a construction project. This will cover a number of different types of construction works/packages from fit-outs to new builds, giving you a wide range of knowledge & experience.
- You will complete a range of tasks within the team, including: measurement of quantities, pricing cost plans, seeking quotations for various pieces of works, preparing bills of quantities (BoQ’s), preparing & compiling tender documentation, ‘side by side’ tender analysis & tender reporting, preparing post tender clarifications (PTC’s) for tendering Contractors & Sub-Contractors.
- Various procurement activities, preparing contract documentation, cost forecasting, variation management & assessment etc., market testing, post contract payment administration & liaising with clients & contractors,
- Assisting with upkeep of the technical library, including cost data, benchmarks and maintenance of the various asset databases.
- Assist with various report formatting, data management and quality assurance procedures across all core service lines.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor of Science or Master's in Quantity Surveying from an accredited, internationally recognized institution or University.
- BSc (Hons) in Quantity Surveying.
- Must have graduated between May 2019 or graduating no later than Sept 2021.
- Successful applicants must have a minimum 3.5 GPA or 2:1 (or equivalent) and above.
- AutoCAD, CostX and BIM experience would be an advantage.
- Relevant work experience would also be beneficial.
- Enthusiastic, hard-working, technically proficient, with ambition and drive.
- Basic computer skills essential in MS Word, Power BI, MS PowerPoint etc.
- Must be highly proficient in MS Excel & if possible other construction / QS type software applications such as CostX, BIM measurement, AutoCAD etc.
- Good report writing skills are also essential.
- Capability to satisfy client and business expectations and be able to consider the wider financial and commercial implications of their actions.
- Communicate effectively to internal and external clients, both verbally & in writing.
- Ability to work independently without losing initiative & focus.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Planning and Surveying
Dubai (United Arab...
- Closing Date:22nd Sep 2021, 6:00 pm