Climate Change is a reality we all face today. As Built Environment professionals we have a key role to play as, 40% of the Global Green House Gas emissions is from the construction sector. We believe bold ideas would be required to reimagine the future towards a greener, equitable and sustainable future. In the midst of climate emergency, The AECOM Building Physics Team are seeking a curious individuals, with bold ideas, who wants to make a difference in the built environment.
At AECOM we focus on delivering innovative, pragmatic and resilient sustainable development solutions. These seek to grow community support and help protect and enhance the natural environment, allowing our clients to meet the future with confidence. Three of the top 10 risks that will affect world development over the next 10 years are environmental - Water crises, failure of climate-change adaptation and biodiversity loss. [World Economic Forum – Insight Report: Global Risks 2015] Currently we are working towards ‘Visions of a Global Net Zero Future’ workshop, a COP26 flagship initiative bringing together academics, businesses, civil society and citizens to look at the innovations and approaches that could deliver a greener, carbon-neutral society.
There is an exciting new role within the UAE Sustainability and Building Physics team have been developed to meet the growing demands for technical and strategic sustainability consultancy services at building, neighborhood, policy and City levels across the built environment. Sustainability is a cross disciplinary field that cuts across key sectors.
Depending on your years of experience, curiosity and skillset you will be sitting within the team with a focus few of the following streams:
- Energy and Carbon.
- Building Physics Modelling.
- Urban Analytics.
- Circular Carbon Economy.
- Health and Wellbeing.
- Climate Adaptation of Cities.
To assist us to drive our ambition to make an impact in the built environment, we are looking for an agile thinker with an innovative mindset individual with an entrepreneurial attitude - Who is interested in applying their skills on both technical as well as strategic projects across varying scale, from Building to master planning projects. The consultant is not expected to be an expert but will have strong passion, curiosity, fast learner, interest and skills that complement the current team balance.
What You Will Do
- Base Sustainability concepts.
- Drawing production (Design Brief compliance, completeness & accuracy).
- Understanding of basic architectural and engineering systems.
- Time Management.
- Organizes own work to achieve set deadlines.
- Independently checks the accuracy of own work prior to review by the Lead Engineer or designated experienced team members.
- Supports development of designs, calculations, sketches, diagrams, schematic drawings, working drawings, develops details, specifications.
- Adopts good engineering/design solutions to assigned tasks and develops appropriate research and documentation to support these solutions.
- Supports the preparation and compilation of design presentations and design reports.
- Develops an awareness of AECOM’s QMS procedures.
- Produces 3D models in IES VE or similar software under the supervision of the Lead Building Physicist.
- Coordinates with internal design disciplines to achieve a high quality, consistent set of presentation or design documents.
- Supports on research for emerging tech/trends on sustainability and wellness in the built environment.
Required Skills and Abilities
- BEng or BSc in Building Science, Architecture, or Mechanical Engineering field of study.
- 1-2 years post graduate experience.
Specific Skills Required:
- Ability to fulfill all the above duties and responsibilities.
- Good Analytical Skills, Creative, Research Mindset.
- Someone who likes to read and research.
- Basic Knowledge of 3D Modelling, Rendering, Photography, Videography and Gaming software's.
- Basic Coding and Scripting Experience Rhino with Grasshopper/Ladybug plug ins.
- Knowledge and Understanding of REVIT, Autodesk, Photoshop, InDesign, Luminion and other graphics software.
- Evidence of general understanding of architectural and engineering building system planning, space and urban planning requirements.
- Ability and motivated to update skills and expertise through continuing professional development (CPD) initiatives as well as AECOM University.
- Basic understanding of interconnected systems and how they impact each other.
- Ability and motivated to learn develop skills related to AECOM’s standards, policies, codes and procedures.
- Excellent command of English (written and spoken). Knowledge of other languages is an added value.
- Agile Thinker.
- Passion for Sustainability and Knowledge sharing.
- Self-motivating and proactive attitude.
- Curious to learn new skillset.
- Collaborative - Team player who supports colleagues and works across team boundaries to deliver.
- Innovative - Researches industry trends and shares new ideas to address client needs and objectives.
- Communicates with clarity and purpose.
- Good Emotional Intelligence.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Architecture, Construction, Engineering Mechanical
Abu Dhabi (United...
- Closing Date:26th Aug 2021, 6:00 pm