At AIG, we are constantly working to ensure that all employees have the training and skills they need to have a rewarding and successful career. Designed with that commitment at its core, our Early Career program provides a platform for participants to launch or accelerate their careers.
Through a range of approaches including innovative experiential learning and technical training, performance assessments, formalized mentoring, and exposure to leaders, our Early Career program offers unparalleled development opportunities for our diverse early career talent. The program is designed to evolve with the rapid pace of technological advancements and changing employee preferences to ensure that today’s participants become leaders capable of conquering tomorrow’s challenges.
At the start of the program, you will join the global class of hundreds of Analysts at New York for the initial training where you build your peer network and meet our leaders. There will also be opportunities to convene the group during and at the end of the program, providing you with the greatest level of global exposure.
Your Future Team:
Picture yourself building a successful career at AIG working alongside other talented, highly motivated individuals committed to reaching our goal of becoming the world’s leading insurance provider. We believe that our success depends on building a world class team.
Accident and Health (A&H) business is one of the key growth areas for AIG, and digital partnership is at the core of our strategy and critical to a rapid response. The A&H Digital Product and Partnership team consists of experts from areas such as insurance, FinTech, consultancy, actuarial, IT etc. The team members have diverse cultural background and are located in various offices. Thanks to our global network of highly-skilled professionals, you will have the opportunity to work with experts around the globe, and be part of the team to provide excellent service wherever and whenever our digital partners need it.
What You Will Do
During the 2-year program, you will be rotating through various functions and teams.
- 6 months in functions including A&H Product, Digital Partnership, Actuarial, Underwriting, understanding related product knowledge, insurance principles, and technical handling skills.
- 2-3 weeks training (e.g., A&H colleague) and job-shadowing a member of the Digital Partnership or Product team.
- Opportunities to interact with experts in FinTech and InsurTech companies.
After you Graduate from the Program, You are Expected to gain Good Understanding of:
- A&H product features and product development process.
- Digital partnership development.
- Implementation of new partnerships.
- Major digital platforms and collaboration model.
- Basic pricing techniques for key products.
- Regulation and trends in major markets.
- General operations in an insurance company.
- Communication and interpersonal skills.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor or Master degree in insurance, business, finance or management related disciplines is preferred.
- Be able to handle pressure and work in a fast paced and demanding environment with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple tasks and demands.
- Outstanding interpersonal and communication skills to interact with internal and external stakeholders while working in a global collaborative team environment.
- Be energetic, flexible and demonstrate good problem-solving skills.
- Basic knowledge of insurance, FinTech or InsurTech is preferred.
- Familiar with Microsoft Office package especially PowerPoint.
- Fluent in English and Chinese.
- Oversea learning experience preferred.
- Passion to develop a career in the insurance and digital industry.
You will ideally have graduated by July 2021 from ANY degree discipline to commence your role in August 2021. Recent graduates with up to 2 years’ experience will also be considered. Due to Hong Kong immigration requirements, it is mandatory that you hold a legal right to work in Hong Kong at time of application.
AIG seeks candidates who have excelled in previous work experience, demonstrated outstanding academic and extracurricular achievement, possess strong analytical, quantitative and interpersonal skills.
The ideal candidates will be bold thinkers with an entrepreneurial bent, and will possess a powerful blend of IQ (technical skills, consistent learning, statistical & financial acumen) and EQ (adaptive communication, empathy, listening skills, challenging with humility). We also look for a diverse background of experience, culture, and thought. Successful candidates typically have a global perspective and a team-oriented track-record.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Banking and Finance, Business and Commerce,...
Hong Kong (Hong...
- Closing Date:16th Apr 2021, 6:00 pm