In this position, the incumbent will be accountable to organize transportation activities, manage information accrued from point of origin to delivery, orchestrate transportation movements and arrange for services as required. He/she will perform ongoing evaluation and review of transportation arrangements for constant improvement opportunities. He/She will ensure the product reaches the destinations safely, securely, and on-time.
What You Will Do
- Review customers' demands and plan accordingly. Manage demand and share demand with Source location (loading points).
- Plans and coordinates bulk products delivery channels, by determining the required quantities based on the Dalia System information and forecast quantities to organize delivery assignments to vehicles in optimizing trips.
- Review levels and any urgent requests.
- Check the standby information.
- Check critical customer information on emails, standby numbers, etc.
- Review the previous day’s plan.
- Takes and creates orders in the system for on-call customer deliveries and liaises with customers for specific logistical issues.
- Open the planning tool (ALTO) and check alarms or urgent triggers in the planning tool (ALTO).
- Ensure all critical customers are checked.
- Review tankers positions with the transporter/s.
- Validates and confirms the driver's trips, and verifies the accuracy of the information.
- Check for delays and deviations.
- Make adjustments accordingly and add deliveries to the current plan.
- Update delivered quantities to the plan and start a plan for the following day.
- Add daily planning meetings.
- Start planning using the planning tool (ALTO) for the following day (update levels, check levels, check customers' orders etc.).
- Check intermediate storage levels.
- Create and print documents for the transporter.
- Continue reviewing the current plan with transporters and check any impact.
- Attend afternoon meetings with transporters and other customers.
- Handover the plan to the transporter.
- Provides transporters with the planned route with all documentation related to the travel, including the loading and unloading points and the order in which they must be reached after.
- Finally validating the trips upon return in the system before sending it for invoicing.
- Maintains the database and identifies incoherent information to assume the reliability and good quality of the data returned.
- Plans the necessary time periods for their preventive maintenance and the legal inspection and respects transportation of dangerous goods regulations.
- Keeps informed of the vehicles maintenance program planned by Dispatch Manager to plan deliveries with available trucks.
- Ensures the enforcement of AL’s safety and quality standards.
- Perform standby duties and actions all requests from customers and drivers post working hours accordingly.
- Answers the alarms transmitted by Dalia system and reacts accordingly and ensures live reporting of tanker tracking and reports accordingly.
- Approve and report deviations to schedule upon shift change and close shipments and action stock reconciliations (gains and losses for scrapping) to report on daily tank stock levels.
- Manage and improve logistics KPIs.
- Improve fleet utilization and distribution network.
- Participate in continuous improvement projects.
- Continue to improve the planning tool and identify improvement opportunities.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Diploma/Degree in Engineering (Industrial or Chemical), Production Management or Supply Chain qualification.
- Planning and managing transporters 1-2 years' experience.
- Experience in MRP system/Logistics Planning system 1-2 years.
- Supply chain management/ road transportation 1-2 years.
- Know how to establish work plans, to efficiently allocate or make use of available resources, act according to plans and establish priorities.
- Knowledge in supply chain management (logistics, route planning, tracking and systems).
- Initiating Action - Taking prompt action to accomplish work goals; taking action to achieve results beyond what is required; being proactive.
- Adaptable - Anticipating and dealing with a changing environment - Anticipating changes in business, in the economy and within the professional environment.
- Self-control: Remains calm and efficient in conflict or crisis situations, resolves problems efficiently without causing anxiety to others, reacts positively to major changes.
- Promoting and Achieving Safety - Responsibility to ensure that Safety and Security are seen as imperatives for the Group.
- Performance and Responsibility - Action to manage all changes or to mitigate the uncertainties occurring as a result of change to achieve the Group's objectives.
- Problems solving - Ability to work on complex problems and identify and implement solutions.
- Negotiation skills - Ability to communicate well with customers and manage deliveries accordingly.
- Job type:Internships
Logistics and Supply Chain
South Africa (South...
- Closing Date:23rd Oct 2021, 6:00 pm