Air Products Inc., a Fortune 500 manufacturer of industrial gases, has an opening for an entry level position specializing in advanced analytics and working out of our Asia Headquarters in Shanghai, China. This exciting and challenging position will provide technical knowhow and expertise in planning, designing and delivering advanced analytical solutions to meet business and functional needs. The position will be responsible for serving as an individual contributor in a team environment working on specific projects or problems of varying scope and complexity. The candidate will serve as an internal consultant in the areas of operations research (optimization, simulation, queuing theory, etc.) and statistical/predictive modeling (Regression, Ensemble Algorithms, Decision Trees, Clustering, etc.) and will be responsible for acquiring and maintaining in-depth knowledge in these key technical areas.
The incumbent will be a member of a highly specialized staff of professionals who provide operational research and advanced analytical services that help enable all Air Products businesses and functions make more effective decisions leading to increased productivity and growth. This position requires the rapid development and understanding of Air Products business areas, functional areas, and organizational structure to enable the ability to analyze and diagnose complex business and process needs. The incumbent needs the ability to quickly and effectively assimilate business and process information and use it to diagnose improvement opportunities. This is an exciting and interesting position which provides the successful candidate an opportunity to generate high industry-impact analyses and solve complex business problems.
The candidate must work to communicate with many different levels of the organization and demonstrate the ability to develop relationships with key business stakeholders, identify/understand the business problem, define data requirements, formulate the appropriate solution, provide input on solution interpretation, leverage existing analytical solutions, and help to implement the solutions. The ability to internally network with the businesses and functions and identify opportunities that provide value is critical.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Position requires a MS or PhD degree in Industrial Engineering, Operations Research, Mathematics, Statistics, Manufacturing Management, Analytics or related discipline.
- 0-5 years’ experience or strong knowledge of applying advanced analytics techniques such as optimization, simulation, forecasting, statistics, classification and clustering techniques.
- Strong programming skills with working knowledge of SQL, VBA, R, and simulation programming
- Strong MS Excel, MS Access, and Statistical package (e.g. Minitab, SPSS, SAS, etc.) skills
- Position requires fluency in English
- Excellent communication, intellectual curiosity, facilitation, networking skills, and presentation skills
- Ability to work independently and within a team to solve challenging problems
- Basic project management and facilitation skills with the ability to influence, work effectively, and implement solutions in a cross-functional, multi-regional team environment
- Strong leadership potential
- Position requires the ability to travel internationally
- Knowledge of IBM SPSS Modeler or SAS Enterprise Miner for predictive analytics analysis is a plus
- Fluency in Mandarin is a plus
- Knowledge of AIMMS or another optimization software is a plus
- Job type:Graduate jobs
Engineering, Management, Mathematics, Operations, Statistics
- Closing Date:22nd Aug 2018, 6:00 pm