This position reports into the Data Science Centre of Excellence.
The Data Science Centre of Excellence (CoE) comes under the Digital & Technology Group which is responsible for spearheading digital transformation across AirAsia. The CoE works on business and operations problems across all entities in the AirAsia Group. Key problems we solve include improving revenue and reducing costs through large-scale data federation, predictive and prescriptive analytics, state-of-the-art machine/deep learning, intelligent scheduling and optimization, and other advanced techniques.
- Applications without a proper curriculum vitae will not be considered.
- Fresh graduates without relevant coursework and project work will not be considered.
- A MS or PhD is strongly preferred for Lead/Manager, Principle/Experienced-Manager roles.
- Applicants with experience using Google Cloud Platform are highly favored.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Experience with common data science toolkits, programming languages, visualisation tools and SQL/NoSQL databases.
- Good applied statistical knowledge with emphasis in business and finance related statistical distributions, statistical testing, modeling, regression analysis, etc.
- Experience with distributed computing platforms and open-source tools and libraries.
- Familiar or prone to adopt design thinking methods.
- Able to operate under pressure and change, and balance among speed, reliability, interpretability.
- Good working knowledge of productivity tools such as G Suite, Git, Jira, Confluence.
- Experience with code versioning, code review and documentation.
Experience in one or more of the following specialized areas:
- Understanding of machine learning algorithms such as k-NN, Naive Bayes, SVM, Decision trees.
- Experience using ML frameworks such as TensorFlow, PyTorch, or scikit-learn.
- Experience using Google Cloud Platform products and services.
- Strong ability to implement, improve, and deploy ML and Math models in Golang or Python.
- Conduct systems tests for security, performance, and availability.
- Develop and maintain the design and troubleshooting/error documentation.
Qualifications BS/MS/PhD in a Mathematics, Science or Engineering disciplines. Up to 4 yrs relevant experience beyond first degree.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Mathematics, Science, Engineering
Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia)
- Closing Date:5th Sep 2019, 6:00 pm