Airbus first established an official presence in China in 1994. Since then, rapid growth has been the hallmark of Airbus’ Chinese operations, with the company having expanded its number of commercial jetliners sold to the country by a factor of 50 in less than two decades. The company delivered its 1,000th commercial jetliner in 2013 and aims to reach its 2,000th by 2020, pushing its market share above 50%.
With the fast development of its aerospace and aviation industry, China is on track to become the world’s largest aviation market and it is already a major customer of Airbus products, with Chinese deliveries representing nearly a quarter of the company’s global commercial aircraft production.
Airbus values not only its relationship with airlines and helicopter operators in China, it also appreciates the enormous value offered by Chinese industry; components produced by Chinese companies are currently found on all production Airbus commercial jetliner types. The total value of the Airbus and Chinese cooperation reached around $500 million in 2015.
Beyond its role as both customer and supplier, China is a strategic partner as well, as evidenced by the fact that Airbus’ first final assembly line, or FAL, outside the borders of its four founding European countries was opened in the city of Tianjin in 2008. This FAL produces the A320 single-aisle family of passenger aircraft, and was joined by a Completion and Delivery Centre in 2017 for the A330, marking Airbus’ first wide body jetliner centre outside of its founding countries.
- Develop aircraft structure design in consistency with the state of art technologies and process regarding metallic, composites or any other as specifically requested by the daily operations.
- Implement requirements from production, maintenance, etc as regards of tolerance, accessibility, reparability, cost, interchangeability, etc….
- Use CAD tools as well as other product cycle management tools as requested by the project. As example but not limited to Catia, PDM, etc….
- Implement the relevant methodologies like but not limited to design principles, design general rules, etc… in order to develop optimized design solutions in line with the requirements and standards.
- Develop specific design solutions considering properties for any suitable kind of material advising on the correct material and condition to be used in a particular application.
- Production of material specifications and data sheets. Knowledge and huge experience and experience of the various technologies associated with Metallic and composites.
- Able to control and update the different aircraft configurations ensuring clear definition on the product structure through the different versions, models and variants as requested by the program.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor above degree major in mechanical design or aircraft design
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in metallic or composite structure design, aircraft structure design experience will be considered.
- Be familiar with metallic design principle or composite design principle.
- Basic knowledge in stress analyse, manufacturing and material technology.
- Good level of English skills in both writing and speaking.
- A plus with good CATIA skills.
- Job Type:Graduate jobs
Engineering Aerospace Aeronautical
- Position Type:Full time
- Closing Date:30th September 2018, 6:00 pm
Enter an employer or university you want to find in our search bar.