Airbus first established an official presence in China in 1994. Since then, rapid growth has been the hallmark of Airbus’ Chinese operations, with the company having expanded its number of commercial jetliners sold to the country by a factor of 50 in less than two decades. The company delivered its 1,000th commercial jetliner in 2013 and aims to reach its 2,000th by 2020, pushing its market share above 50%.
With the fast development of its aerospace and aviation industry, China is on track to become the world’s largest aviation market and it is already a major customer of Airbus products, with Chinese deliveries representing nearly a quarter of the company’s global commercial aircraft production. Airbus values not only its relationship with airlines and helicopter operators in China, it also appreciates the enormous value offered by Chinese industry; components produced by Chinese companies are currently found on all production Airbus commercial jetliner types. The total value of the Airbus and Chinese cooperation reached around $500 million in 2015.
Beyond its role as both customer and supplier, China is a strategic partner as well, as evidenced by the fact that Airbus’ first final assembly line, or FAL, outside the borders of its four founding European countries was opened in the city of Tianjin in 2008. This FAL produces the A320 single-aisle family of passenger aircraft, and was joined by a Completion and Delivery Centre in 2017 for the A330, marking Airbus’ first wide body jetliner centre outside of its founding countries.
- Develop aircraft retrofit design in avionics and airframe (incl. hydraulic) systems
- Analyze and integrate design data (configurations, drawings, materials and certification dossier) for optional modifications
- Identify long lead-time parts to be in line with kit delivery date
- Lead transnational coordination with other production centers for Service Bulletin when necessary
- Be responsible on SB quality (KPIs) and contributes to overall improvement
- Follows up project plan and interfaces with upgrade production and stakeholders
- Provides remote or on-site assistance during working parties and answer customer queries
Required Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree or above in aeronautical/mechanical/avionics engineering
- Knowledge on aircraft design or system installation principles
- Knowledge of aircraft configuration management rule
- Proficiency in spoken and written English
- Able to work in a multicultural and international environment
- Experience of working in aviation industry, OEM or design organization is a strong plus
- Job type:Graduate jobs
Engineering, Engineering Aerospace Aeronautical, Engineering Mechanical,...
- Closing Date:30th Sep 2018, 6:00 pm