Our steadfast commitment to long-term investing extends to our people as our people are our assets. We don't have a tangible product to sell. We understand that even the most intelligent investment philosophy means nothing without quality minds to execute it, clients to benefit from it, and highly professional and smart people to service those clients.
This is why we’re searching for focused, resilient final-year students who are dedicated to achieving their long-term goals through the Allan Gray Graduate Intake.
Each year, we aim to recruit and invest in academic achievers who are motivated and enthusiastic about joining our firm. We recruit recent graduates mostly into permanent positions from day one. There is a compulsory four-week orientation.
After orientation, the graduates are taken through the Allan Gray academy, which is an ‘incubated’ functional training environment. This lasts for a period of three to six months, depending on the role. The result: graduates in real roles, taking their first steps towards achieving their long-term ambitions.
What You Will Do
- To service Allan Gray investors, potential investors and financial advisers via our various servicing.
- To ensure accurate record keeping through service related administrative tasks.
- To assist with database updates and information maintenance.
- To support a positive and responsive climate for client enquiry resolution.
- To play a key role in the stewardship of positive client relationships and the retention of clients.
- To build and establish relationships at all levels with internal departments to enhance organizational effectiveness and efficiency.
- To actively participate in the firm’s continuous improvement by identifying and proposing solutions to process and service-related failures.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor’s Degree - Specialization includes, but is not limited to Commerce, Business Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering, Quants etc.
- A minimum GPA of 70% or higher throughout your university tenure.
- Must be eligible to work in South Africa.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (Essential).
- Client focused, friendly and empathetic manner.
- High adaptability, vigour, resilience, agility.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Analytical Thinking.
- Ability to use initiative.
- Ability to problem-solve.
- Ability to deal with complexity.
- Ability to prioritize and function positively under pressure.
- Ability to function as part of a team.
- Accept accountability and take responsibility for tasks done.
- Computer literate.
- Knowledge and interest in finance and investment management (Advantageous).
- Multilingual (Advantageous).
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Business and Commerce, Engineering, Mathematics, Statistics
Westerncape (South Africa)
- Closing Date:30th Jul 2022, 6:00 pm