Solar MD is a manufacturer of Lithium-Ion batteries and offers free of charge monitoring and control services to their clients. They are looking for an Electrical Engineering Intern assists the technical support team and supports the development, design, and/or assembly of packaging and process conveyor systems and material handling equipment in accordance with customer and/or Solar MD specifications.
What You Will Do
- Your responsibilities will include providing support to the lead mechanical and/or electrical engineers in tasks such as part and assembly drawing/design or classification, engineering analysis and test, PLC/HMI programming, and support of proof-of-concept or final system testing.
- Working issues across multiple functions including mechanical, electrical, fabrication, and assembly.
- Performing routine tasks under close supervision using well-defined standards and procedures.
- Supporting the development and documentation of standard procedures, design standardization, and engineering change notices.
- Using predetermined methods, sequences, and setups to perform job duties.
Required Skills and Abilities
- B.Sc. or B.Eng. in Electrical Engineering.
- Broad technical background in areas such as CAD design systems, mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, physics, and/or electro-mechanical design and control system development.
- Strong problem-solving skills, and the practical application of strong mechanical design theory and analytical skills.
- Proficient in MS Office applications; familiarity with AutoCAD/AutoCAD-Electrical version 2008 or greater.
- Strong analytical, conceptual, communication, and organizational skills.
- Ability to work and thrive in a team environment.
- Ability to self-motivate and work productively without supervision.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Job type:Internships
Cape Town (South...
- Closing Date:21st Apr 2021, 6:00 pm