As a Shift Manager, you’ll have responsibility for the day to day management of a Delivery Station, providing leadership to Operations Supervisors, Operations Assistants and Delivery Service Providers, managing external agency relationships and performance.
This team will work in a highly collaborative environment that’s more start-up than big company. We’re in uncharted territory, doing what’s never been done. The adopted attitude is that no idea is a bad idea, and the best ideas are the ones that should be tested and tried. You will need to thrive and deliver results in an ambiguous, fast paced, dynamic environment.
If you have a quality focused, customer obsessed industry background which carries with it experience of working in a fast paced, ever changing and ambiguous environment (such as manufacturing, the military or engineering for example) we'd love to hear from you.
What You Will Do
- Overseeing the operation that focuses on the Amazon Logistics operation.
- Support your team in daily management of the station, including allocating labor, leading meetings, assigning job duties, and excellent organizational skills.
- Being obsessed by metrics and diving deep to find root causes quickly, to drive improvements.
- Finds practical and simple solutions to complex problems without sacrificing quality or core functionality.
- Provide day-to-day support during the rollout/implementation of newer systems/processes and gather feedback.
- Continuously utilize software and hardware tools to ensure normal day to day operations.
- Ensure associates have proper tools to perform the job and coordinate repair or replacement when needed.
- Communicate daily metrics and report exceptions.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in Logistics, Supply Chain, Production, Engineering, Management or a related field.
- Though not required, prior experience in warehousing environment can be beneficial.
- Experience defining projects, collecting requirements, designing process solutions.
- Experience with performance metrics and process improvement with demonstrable problem solving skills and analytical skills.
- Direct management experience for employees and their performance.
- A forward thinker, with an ability to manage high levels of ambiguity and thrive on change.
- Ability to communicate effectively and build partnership relationships.
- Ability to utilize exceptional problem-solving, and communication skills to influence business and technical audiences.
- Willingness to work flexible schedules/shifts/areas including Night Shift.
- You are flexible to relocate for the position if needed.
- You are willing to work in non-traditional shift pattern which may include nights and weekends.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English (and local language if applying outside of Kingdom of Saudi Arabia).
- Excellent technical, problem-solving, and communication skills.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Engineering, Logistics and Supply Chain, Management
Saudi Arabia (Saudi...
- Closing Date:21st Aug 2021, 6:00 pm