At Amazon, our mission is to be the earth’s most customer-centric company. To achieve this, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. Amazon is continuously evolving, and is a place where motivated employees thrive, and where employee ownership and accountability lead to meaningful results.
Amazon Web Services (AWS), an Amazon company, is the world’s most comprehensive and broadly adopted cloud platform. Millions of customers - including the fastest growing startups, largest enterprises, and leading government agencies - trust AWS to power their infrastructure. Founded in 2006, AWS offers over 175 fully featured services for compute, storage, databases, networking, analytics, robotics, machine learning, artificial intelligence, Internet of Things, mobile, security, hybrid, virtual reality, augmented reality, media, and application development, deployment, and management from 77 availability zones within 24 geographic regions, spanning the globe.
What You Will Do
The AWS APJ teams are looking to hire and develop the next generation of leaders for our organization. We are seeking talented and enthusiastic students who are passionate about solving business problems, innovating and building new processes, and leading high-impact initiatives.
The Next Gen Internship Program allows you to gain exposure to the AWS business and our unique Amazonian culture through a rewarding learning experience. For this six months internship (January to June 2021), interns will be based in our Singapore office, and will be assigned to one of the following teams.
- Channels and Alliances.
Subject to the business’ needs, a limited number of opportunities are available in the following teams.
- Business Development.
- Sales Strategy, Operations & Enablement.
As an intern, you will independently own a key business project that can drive business value, and tasks to support your assigned team. You will hone your leadership and presentation skills, and apply your creativity to innovate for our business. At the end of your internship, all interns will present their project learnings and proposal to a panel of key business leaders.
Join us! It is as simple as, ‘come build the future with us.’
About the Functions:
Sales: The sales teams develop and execute against a territory plan to drive revenue and market share. Our sales teams work directly with customers and drive business growth by articulating compelling value propositions for AWS services, drive customer adoption of AWS, and ensure customer satisfaction.
Channels and Alliances: The channels and alliances team recruits, enables, and develops consulting and technology partners to drive their business growth. The AWS Partner Network (APN) is a global partner program that focuses on helping APN partners build successful AWS-based businesses or solutions by providing business, technical, marketing, and go-to-market support. Our consulting partners are professional services firms that help customers design, architect, and migrate their workloads and applications on AWS. Our technology partners provide software solutions that are hosted or integrated on the AWS platform.
Business Development: The business development team incubates business initiatives with an impact that will shape how the business will look like in the next 5 to 10 years. The team creates go-to-market strategies for identified business opportunities, and collaborates with other functions to implement these strategies to accelerate customer adoption of AWS.
Sales Strategy, Operations, and Enablement (SSOE): The SSOE team works closely with the management team to develop, implement, and manage business processes, reports and strategies that optimize business functions to meet organizational goals.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Penultimate year student working towards a bachelor’s or master’s degree.
- Candidates must be able to legally work in Singapore.
- Able to commit to a full-time internship from January to June 2021.
- Analytical and quantitative skills, with the ability to use Excel or other software to provide data to support analyses.
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills.
- Has business acumen, and is able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong interpersonal skills required.
- Is curious to learn, and has a ‘can-do’ attitude with strong ownership.
- Adept at problem-solving, and can come up with creative and innovative solutions.
- Results driven with analytical capability to provide data-driven insights.
- Able to multi-task and prioritize competing stakeholder requests.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Is comfortable working independently in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Job type:Internships
- Closing Date:9th Oct 2020, 6:00 pm