Are you a self-starter with a passion for e-commerce, looking to expand your retail skillset and shaping the way the biggest brands work with Amazon?
Brand Specialists are part of the Strategic Vendor Services program and connected to the heart of Amazon - its employees. We are working fast to define and deliver high-quality results that sets the bar for the entire industry. Working in a passionate team you will learn and grow whilst also helping others to do so.
This role offers 360 ͦ exposure to different areas of the e-commerce industry, opening a multitude of career paths.
As Brand Specialist you will help Amazon's most strategic brands across all key areas of retail business. You will work with vendors supplying the top brands on Amazon, acting as the main point of contact for them. Your priority will be to work backwards from the customer, identifying inputs to grow your brands and improve their performance. You will do this while facilitating great business relationships and ensuring vendors’ satisfaction with the service.
What You Will Do
Key responsibilities as a Brand Specialist are:
- Own the relationship end-to-end with top brands.
- Partner internally with key retail functions such as vendor, supply chain and marketing management to contribute to the definition of priorities and operational goals according to the brands’ needs.
- Define joint business plans and assist in delivering impact for the brands you support directly.
- Regularly audit metrics to continually drive quality of the vendor experience and deliver targets.
Brand Specialists work on a variety of tasks for the brands they support, typically falling within the six focus areas - These include but are not limited to:
- Business Advice and Reporting - Providing business advice based on deep financial analysis and reporting, to identify areas of opportunities.
- Selection - Helping grow the selection of products by managing the launch of new products and improving product discoverability.
- Availability - Support driving process improvement and operational excellence within our vendor community by reducing costs, defects, and lead times, while increasing innovation.
- Marketing & Branding - Create strategic quarterly marketing plans with marketing managers, manage onsite placement and campaigns for key events.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor's degree.
- Expected to graduate after August 2022.
- Able to commit for a full-time internship from May to August 2022.
- Possess the required work rights for Singapore.
- Strong business judgment with a track record of successful negotiations and overall relationship management.
- Proven analytical thinking, project management skills, attention to detail and exceptional organizational skills are essential.
- Ability to communicate efficiently both internally and externally.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent written and spoken English.
- Knowledge in MS Office programs as Outlook, Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Ability to learn new systems and tools quickly.
- Tenacity to develop ideas independently and thrive in a fast-paced start-up environment.
- Experience in Financial analysis, Retail buying, Retail planning & allocation, Product/project management, Marketing, Business development, consulting, negotiation or supply chain is a plus.
- Experience using analytical specific tools such as SQL is a plus.
- Negotiation experience.
- Bachelor’s within Engineering, Commerce, Business administration or similar filed is preferred.
To deliver the above, you raise the bar across key Amazon Leadership Principles:
- Dive Deep – our Brand Specialists understand the inner workings of everything they own. They’re willing to get their hands dirty and get to the root cause.
- Bias for Action- the Brand Specialist would be comfortable with using good judgement to take a problem and drive forward a solution. The Brand Specialist would be called upon to use good judgement to highlight problems and issues.
- Think Big.
- Invent and simplify.
- Job type:Internships
Administration, Business and Commerce, Engineering
- Closing Date:28th Oct 2021, 6:00 pm