At Amazon Web Services (AWS), we are working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. Amazon is continually evolving and is a place where motivated employees thrive and also where employee ownership and accountability lead to meaningful results.
Amazon is a place where builders can build. Our internships offer exceptional opportunities for you to grow your technical and non-technical skills. From day one, you will be working with experienced engineers who love what they do.
Are you ready to embrace the challenge? Come build the future with us.
Professional Services Consultant Intern:
As a Professional Services intern, you will gain hands-on experience in cloud computing, develop business acumen, and learn about Amazon’s peculiar culture.
You will work on projects, have the opportunity to obtain the AWS Cloud Practitioner certification, and attend professional development events. You will partner with customers and several AWS teams to craft highly scalable, flexible and resilient cloud architectures that address customer business problems.
What You Will Do
The program offers the opportunity to specialize in the following areas:
- DevOps Specialist - A leader in building advanced computing systems that harness continuous integration/continuous deployment pipelines and utilize the strengths of cloud computing to build scalable and economical systems for clients.
- Cloud Infrastructure Architect - An expert in cloud-based networking and system rollouts. CIAs specialize in network performance, infrastructure provisioning, and building Application Programming Interfaces (APIs).
- Application Developer - AppDev resources are specialists in designing applications that run natively in the cloud. They are experts in building programs that run on any number of platforms including virtualized instances, containers, or server less architecture.
- Data & Analytics - Data & Analytics role supports our services that leverage data and produce business insights, which may include using Machine Learning/Artificial Intelligence (ML/AI). Helping our customers use and integrate Big Data services in what is arguably our industry’s most exciting space. The portfolio of services covers EMR (Hadoop), DynamoDB (NoSQL), MongoDB, and Apache Cassandra.
- Security Consultant - supports our services that have a focus on enabling security specialists using AWS Services including Identity Access Management (IAM), GuardDuty, Shield, Key Management Service (KMS), CloudTrail, CloudHSM, Inspector etc. Within AWS, security is job zero, and we believe that solid security practices are the foundation for using the Cloud. We are looking for candidates who are passionate about working with products targeted for security professionals.
Upon successful completion of the internship program, select interns will receive a full-time offer to join as an Associate Cloud Consultants (which includes a twelve-month training program, known as AWS Tech U) in 2022/2023, after completion of their degree program.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Currently enrolled in an Associate or greater degree program (e.g., Associate degree, Bachelor’s degree) with a graduation date between May 2022 and December 2023.
- Majoring in one of the following - Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Computer Information Systems or related science/technical fields.
- Experience with one of the following programming languages - Python, Ruby, Node.js, C#, or C++.
- Experience with two or more of the following - Networking fundamentals, Security, Storage or Databases (Relational and/or NoSQL), Operating Systems (Unix, Linux, and/or Windows).
- Returning to your degree after completing the internship.
- Good communication skills and ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions to both large and small audiences.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly.
- Job type:Internships
Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems
- Closing Date:19th Oct 2021, 6:00 pm