At Amazon, our mission is to be the earth’s most customer-centric company. To achieve this, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. Amazon is continuously evolving, and is a place where motivated employees thrive, and where employee ownership and accountability lead to meaningful results.
Amazon Web Services (AWS), an Amazon company, is the world’s most comprehensive and broadly adopted cloud platform. Millions of customers - including the fastest growing startups, largest enterprises, and leading government agencies - trust AWS to power their infrastructure.
Founded in 2006, AWS offers over 175 fully featured services for compute, storage, databases, networking, analytics, robotics, machine learning, artificial intelligence, Internet of Things, mobile, security, hybrid, virtual reality, augmented reality, media, and application development, deployment, and management from 77 availability zones within 24 geographic regions, spanning the globe.
What You Will Do
- As Professional Services Consultants, we have an affinity for the new and unknown, and experiment with innovative technologies including Cloud Computing, Big Data & Analytics, Machine Learning, and Internet of Things.
- In this intern role, you will gain experience for working alongside with other Professional Services Consultants to understand business outcomes, and work backwards to design and build the AWS cloud based solutions (under supervision) to enable those outcomes. You will build solutions, produce, and curate best practices technical content, and communicate the AWS advantage.
- Have an affinity for the new and unknown. We are always experimenting with innovative technologies including Cloud Computing, Big Data & Analytics, Machine Learning, and Internet of Things.
- Enjoy learning about Cloud Computing by curating technical content, writing technical proposals to sell solutions and building the solutions. You will have a passion for working alongside with other Professional Services Consultants to understand business outcomes, and work backwards to curate technical content and best practices, design AWS cloud technologies (under supervision) to enable those business outcomes, communicate and sell the AWS advantage, and do hands on keyboard work to build the proposed solutions.
- Enjoy working with customers or internal AWS users of all shapes and sizes. You will have a passion for learning, designing, building solutions and enabling them. Be good at communicating, giving clear and concise messages to complex situation and a passion to learn on the job while doing.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in a STEM related field such as Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology or similar
- Graduating from Dec 2021 onwards
- Must be able to legally work in Singapore
- Able to commit to a full-time internship from May to Aug 2021
- Experience with one of the following programming languages: Java, Python, Ruby, Node.js, C#, or C++
- Experience with Networking fundamentals, Security, Databases (Relational and/or NoSQL), Operating Systems (Unix, Linux, and/or Windows)
- Troubleshooting: Experience with QA, testing, helpdesk, IT support, or any technician or quality assurance type work
- Cloud Awareness: Experience implementing a cloud-based technology solution in a school project or while working for a company
- Experience with systems administration (Linux/Windows) or network administration (DNS, IPsec, BGP, VPN, Load Balancing)
- Passion for experiencing new technologies, cultures, and locations around the world
- Job type:Internships
Computer Science, Information Technology
- Closing Date:13th Mar 2021, 6:00 pm