At Amazon, we are working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptional talent, bright, and driven people. Amazon is continually evolving and is a place where motivated employees thrive and employee ownership and accountability lead to meaningful results. It is as simple as this: Work Hard. Have Fun. Make History.
As Public Sector Program Management Intern, you will be embedded in a single team and you will support the sales and partner team to be the single-threaded owner responsible to assist planning, execution, and delivery of straightforward programs or initiatives related to drive sales performance.
The procedures related the program or business would be already well-defined and you will help facilitate the execution and delivery of results. You will work with your supervisor to track progress on appropriate milestones and launch schedules to ensure timely and successful delivery of a sales program or initiative.
What you will do
You will be guided to follow Amazon best practice and work backward; starting with customers, stakeholders, and any related team owners. You work to understand their needs/problem(s) and you incorporate their context into the programs. You will be provided business procedures and process requirements to help follow-up on executing the program execution plan.
You will help establish milestones and drive progress and facilitate the program execution to support the entire sales and partner team. You will help to deliver clear documentations and organize relevant meetings. You ensure the right information about the state of a program status is delivered to the right audience at the right time (e.g., status reports, metrics reports, etc.).
Your role will be to help the stakeholders track if the program achieved the desired business outcome in terms of opportunities and business revenue. If you are successful to join us, you will assist to develop, evaluate, track and communicate marketing and program initiatives in partnership with veteran AWS Partner Development Managers,
Business Operations and AWS Account Managers. This role provides the opportunity to learn the ropes on business development and technology best practices and ability to reason about both sales management and marketing that is essential for a future career in sales and program management.
- Managing the real-world sales and program management questions and challenges in collaboration with Sales/Partner team.
- Support the team to document and articulate scope, timeline, owners, risks, and the steps to mitigate those risks of program management. You will help sales oversee roadblocks, problems resolution, and work to transition and hand-off to the right owner.
- Shadow phone conversations and face to face meetings between business function leads, Marketing, and AWS Solution Architect and Sales team.
- Responsible to oversee and deliver the assigned programs and sales initiatives for sales and partner team to drive pipeline and program targets.
- Create a world-class program for continuous improvements, develop and drive a quality strategy, as well as take a hands-on approach to executing that strategy.
- Contribute or independently develop, execute, and measure quality improvement strategies
- Assist and oversee the development and execution of quality programs and monitoring and reporting
- Verify Quality Metrics in place and meet goals, trigger containment actions and corrective actions as appropriate
- Support problem solving activities for Quality Alert as well as any other quality issues
- Working with teams in quality audit teams, define and track quality measures at team level.
- Establishing quality standards by role, region and vertical. Engaging with data engineering and analytics to deliver automated solutions, where possible.
- Assessing performance of quality metrics; surface exceptions to the respective teams. Setting up and executing processes to enable operations to drive corrective actions as necessary.
- Setting up and executing processes to verify the corrective action effectiveness and report
- Co-coordinating with data engineering to create and distribute canned analysis reports where automated solutions do not exist.
- Setting up and executing processes for performing quality reviews to unearth insight or patterns that can be used to drive operational efficiency, further control cost per transaction of the operations teams.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Currently in your penultimate year pursuing a Bachelor’s degree (Any Stream)
- Must be able to legally work in Singapore
- Able to commit to a full-time internship from Jan to Jun 2021
- Strong understanding of process improvement techniques in a production environment.
- Excellent business and communication skills and be able to work with business owners to develop and define quality goals.
- Subject matter expert in quality methods and protocol.
- Bachelors' in Systems engineering, or related Engineering degree
- Experience with practical applications of Lean / Six Sigma tools such as Failure Mode & Effects Analysis, Design of
- Experiments, Measurement System Analysis, Analysis of Variance, Hypothesis Testing, Value Stream Mapping, Pareto Charts, Gage Repeatability & Reproducibility, Cpk.
- Job type:Internships
- Closing Date:20th Dec 2020, 6:00 pm