At Amazon, we are working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptional talent, bright, and driven people. Amazon is continually evolving and is a place where motivated employees thrive and employee ownership and accountability lead to meaningful results. It is as simple as this: Work Hard.
Have Fun. Make History.
As Public Sector Program Management Intern, you will be embedded in a single team and you will support the sales and partner team to be the single-threaded owner responsible to assist planning, execution, and delivery of straightforward programs or initiatives related to drive sales performance.
The procedures related the program or business would be already well-defined and you will help facilitate the execution and delivery of results. You will work with your supervisor to track progress on appropriate milestones and launch schedules to ensure timely and successful delivery of a sales program or initiative. Public Sector includes Government, Education, Healthcare and Non-Profits in Singapore.
Your role will be to help the stakeholders track if the program achieved the desired business outcome in terms of opportunities and business revenue. If you are successful to join us, you will assist to develop, evaluate, track and communicate marketing and program initiatives in partnership with veteran AWS Partner Development Managers, Business Operations and AWS Account Managers.
This role provides the opportunity to learn the ropes on business development and technology best practices and ability to reason about both sales and partner management that is essential for a future career in sales and program management
What You Will Do
- Managing the real-world sales and program management questions and challenges in collaboration with Sales/Partner team.
- Support the team to document and articulate scope, timeline, owners, risks, and the steps to mitigate those risks of program management. You will help sales oversee roadblocks, problems resolution, and work to transition and hand-off to the right owner.
- Shadow phone conversations and face to face meetings between business function leads, Partner, Marketing, and AWS Solution Architect and Sales team.
- Responsible to oversee and deliver the assigned programs and sales initiatives for sales and partner team to drive pipeline and program targets.
- Create a world-class program for continuous improvements, develop and drive a quality strategy, as well as take a hands-on approach to executing that strategy.
- Contribute or independently develop, execute, and measure quality improvement strategies
- Assist and oversee the development and execution of programs and monitoring and reporting
- Help support joint engagements between the partner(s) and AWS Account Manager
- Expand existing AWS footprint as well as drive new customer engagements with the partner to grow overall revenue with a focus on business outcomes.
- Become a trusted member of the partner and sales team to own execution with the partner,
- Understand and leverage the use of internal Amazon systems.
- Work closely with Partner Solution Architects (PSA) and the partner’s technical team to ensure partners deliver quality result.
- Establishing quality standards by role, region and vertical. Engaging with data engineering and analytics to deliver automated solutions, where possible.
- Assessing performance of quality metrics; surface exceptions to the respective teams. Setting up and executing processes to enable operations to drive corrective actions as necessary.
- Setting up and executing processes to verify the corrective action effectiveness and report
Required Skills and Abilities
- Graduating from Dec 2021 onwards
- Must be able to legally work in Singapore
- Able to commit to a full-time internship from May to Aug 2021
- Strong understanding of process improvement techniques in a production environment.
- Excellent business and communication skills and be able to work with business owners to develop and define quality goals.
- Subject matter expert in quality methods and protocol.
- Bachelors or in Systems engineering, or related Engineering degree
- Solid understanding and demonstrated success with practical applications of Lean / Six Sigma tools such as Failure Mode & Effects Analysis, Design of Experiments, Measurement System Analysis, Analysis of Variance, Hypothesis Testing, Value
- Stream Mapping, Pareto Charts, Gage Repeatability & Reproducibility, Cpk.
- Job type:Internships
- Closing Date:13th Mar 2021, 6:00 pm