Do you want to experiment with innovative technologies, including Cloud Computing, Machine Learning, and Internet of Things? Are you passionate about educating, training, designing, and building enterprise cloud computing solutions for a diverse and challenging set of customers?
Amazon Web Services (AWS), a subsidiary of Amazon.com and a leader in Cloud Computing, is seeking interns to join our AWS Internship program with Professional Services. This is a unique opportunity for driven self-starters to play a key role in a fast-growing business and to deliver significant value to AWS customers of all sizes from nimble startups to global brands. The skills and experiences you gain will be highly sought after throughout the industry and give you the opportunity for the career of a lifetime.
The AWS Professional Services organization is a global team of experts that helps AWS customers realize their desired business outcomes when using the AWS Cloud. We deliver focused guidance through our global specialty practices, which cover a variety of solutions, technologies, and industries. In addition to working alongside our customers, we share our experience through tech talk webinars, White Papers, and blog posts that are available to anyone.
As a Professional Services intern, you will gain hands-on experience in cloud computing, develop business acumen, and learn about Amazon’s peculiar culture. You will work on projects, have the opportunity to obtain the AWS Cloud Practitioner certification, and attend professional development events.
Upon successful completion of the 3-6 month internship program, select interns will receive a full-time offer to join as an Associate Professional Services Consultant (which includes a six-month residency in either Munich, Madrid or London or virtual training program) post completion of their degree program.
All Of Our Professional Services Consultants Are Positioned Along Tracks Like:
- DevOps Specialist - A leader in building advanced computing systems that harness continuous integration/continuous deployment pipelines and utilize the strengths of cloud computing to build scalable and economical systems for clients.
- Cloud Infrastructure Architect - An expert in cloud-based networking and system rollouts. CIAs specialize in network performance, infrastructure provisioning, and building Application Programming Interfaces (APIs).
- Application Developer - AppDev resources are specialists in designing applications that run natively in the cloud. They are experts in building programs that run on any number of platforms including virtualized instances, containers, or server less architecture.
- Big Data & Analytics - Big Data role supports our services that leverage data and produce business insights, which may include using Machine Learning/Artificial Intelligence (ML/AI). Helping our customers use and integrate Big Data services in what is arguably our industry’s most exciting space. The portfolio of services covers EMR (Hadoop), DynamoDB (NoSQL), MangoDB, and Apache Cassandra.
- Security Consultant - Supports our services that have a focus on enabling security specialists using AWS Services including Identity Access Management (IAM), GuardDuty, Shield, Key Management Service (KMS), CloudTrail, CloudHSM, Inspector etc. Within AWS, security is job zero, and we believe that solid security practices are the foundation for using the Cloud. We are looking for candidates who are passionate about working with products targeted for security professionals.
Come chart your own path at Amazon.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Currently in your final year of a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer science, computer engineering, information technology or related fields.
- Experience with one of the following programming languages - Java, Python, Ruby, Node.js, C#, or C++ · Experience with networking fundamentals, security, databases (relational and/or NoSQL), operating systems (Unix, Linux, and/or Windows).
- Experience with software development lifecycle (SDLC) and agile/iterative methodologies required Knowledge of the primary AWS services such as EC2, ELB, RDS, VPC, Route53, and S3.
- Basic experience setting up cloud environment with AWS.
- Experience with infrastructure as code, ops automation, and configuration management tools such as Chef, Puppet, or Ansible.
- Fluency in a English language.
- Job type:Internships
Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology
Johannesburg (South Africa)
- Closing Date:12th Dec 2020, 6:00 pm