Amazon is looking for an energetic, detail-oriented individual to join our Data Center Engineering Operations (DCEO) team in Cape Town, South Africa on a six month Internship Program.
The DCEO team are a committed group who work to maintain the critical physical infrastructure that supports Amazon Web Services. Specifically, this team works to ensure that the data center's MEP operates at 100% availability while maintaining first-class customer service to the teams and groups within the data centers. This equipment includes, but is not limited to, stand-by diesel generators, switchgear, UPS’s, PDU’s, AHU’s, EF's, chillers, cooling towers, chemical treatment systems, pumps, motors, VFD’s, and building monitoring systems.
The Data Center Engineering Operations Technician (EOT) Intern will assist permanent AWS staff with the operation and maintenance of all electrical, mechanical, and fire/life safety equipment within the data center environment. The EOT Intern can serve as a technical resource to support Amazon within its owned and operated data centers. Data center equipment that supports mission-critical servers must maintain better than 99.999% up-time. EOT Interns are also tasked with driving innovation while reducing operational costs in the facilities.
What You Will Do
- Assist under supervision with the operation and maintenance of mechanical and electrical equipment.
- Under supervision perform root cause analysis of equipment failures.
- Under supervision troubleshooting of facility and rack-level events within internal SLA.
- Ensure all safety procedures are adhered to while performing work.
- Take daily operational readings of all mechanical and electrical equipment.
Required Skills and Abilities
- A current college graduate, not yet in full time employment, who has obtained a national diploma in Electrical Engineering (Heavy Current).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Solid leadership and organizational skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Proven self-starter.
- Ability to prioritize in a complex, fast-paced environment.
- Proficient with computers and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Commitment to a very strong culture of safety & security.
- Job type:Internships
Cape Town (South...
- Closing Date:22nd Oct 2020, 6:00 pm