Would you like to use the latest cloud computing technologies? Do you have an interest in helping customers understand application architectures and integration approaches? Are you familiar with best practices for applications, servers, and networks? Do you want to be part of a customer facing technology team helping to ensure the success of AWS as a leading technology organization?
As an Amazon intern, you will be interacting with your peers and Amazon Web Services global team of full-time professionals as part of our AWS Cloud Support team. You will benefit from the opportunity to gain experience on our cloud services, hands on training and learning as you go. You’ll have lots of fun and maybe even make history!
First and foremost, this is a customer support role – In the Cloud. We promote advancement opportunities across the organization to help you meet your career goals. We have training programs to help you develop the skills required to be successful in your role. We hire smart people who are keen to build a career with AWS, so we are more interested in the areas that you do know instead of those you haven’t been exposed to yet.
Support engineers interested in travel have presented training or participated in focused summits across our sites or at specific AWS events. As we operate on a follow-the-sun model, with Premium Support sites located globally, there is no after hours on-call or mandated overtime in this role.
What You Will Do
- On a typical day, a support engineer will be primarily responsible for solving customer’s cases through customer contact channels (e.g., telephone, email, and web/live chat).
- You will apply troubleshooting techniques to provide solutions for our customers by thoughtfully working with customers to dive deep into the root cause of an issue.
- An AWS support engineer may also develop and train, partner with development teams on complex issues or contact deflection initiatives, participate in new hiring, write tools/script to help the team, or work with leadership on process improvement and strategic initiatives.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Currently in your final year of studies in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology, or related fields.
- Experience with at least one functional scripting language (e.g., Perl, Python, Ruby, shell scripting).
- Experience with troubleshooting Networks (e.g., TCP/IP, DNS, routing, switching, firewalls, LAN/WAN, traceroute, iperf, dig, cURL or related).
- Knowledge of system, network, and OS.
- Knowledge of internet fundamentals and cloud computing concepts.
- Familiarity with Database, Storage, & Big Data concepts.
- Comfortable working in a Linux/Unix environment.
- Available for internship from July - December
- Job type:Internships
Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology
Cape Town (South...
- Closing Date:5th Dec 2020, 6:00 pm