At Amazon, we are working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. Amazon is continually evolving and is a place where motivated employees thrive and also where employee ownership and accountability lead to meaningful results.
Amazon is a place where builders can build. Our internships offer exceptional opportunities for you to grow your technical and non-technical skills. From day one, you will be working with experienced engineers and designers who love what they do.
We are looking for outstanding candidates to join our team for 2-3 month Software Development Engineering internships. Internships are flexible in length to fit in with your university’s placement scheme.
Our interns join one of our small agile teams at our development centre, launching and growing new initiatives for Amazon's global business. Your team will be involved in every aspect of the process - from idea generation, business analysis and technical design through to development and deployment across a variety of technologies - giving you a real sense of ownership. Together we build systems that meet high standards of performance and reliability and operate at massive scale.
What You Will Do
- As an intern you will go through induction training before joining your team. You will drive your own learning and development with guidance and coaching from your manager, buddy and colleagues around you.
- You will be part of a team of Amazon software engineers and you will help them create complex tools in several different programming languages that will help improve the quality of Amazon's catalogue. You'll create professional quality software by applying software engineering best practices, while being exposed to cutting edge technologies.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Currently on a Bachelors/Master’s degree relevant to Computer Engineering/Computer Science/Software Engineering etc.
- Knowledge of Computer Science fundamentals such as object-oriented design, algorithm design, data structures, problem solving, and complexity analysis.
- Knowledge in Ruby, Perl, Java or C/C++.
- Development Experience in Java, C, C++, Perl, Linux.
- Interest in developing web services, or other large scale distributed systems.
- Job type:Internships
Computer Science, Engineering Software
Cape Town (South...
- Closing Date:20th Jul 2020, 6:00 pm