Do you want to solve business challenges through innovative technology? Do you enjoy working on cutting-edge, scalable services technology in a team environment? Do you like working on industry-defining projects that move the needle?
We’re looking for individuals who are excited by the idea of creating new products, features, and services from scratch while managing ambiguity and the pace of a company whose ship cycles are measured in weeks, not years. If this is you, come chart your own path at Amazon!
What You Will Do
- Collaborate with experienced cross-disciplinary Amazonians to conceive, design, and bring to market innovative products and services.
- Design and build innovative technologies in a large distributed computing environment and help lead fundamental changes in the industry.
- Create solutions to run predictions on distributed systems with exposure to innovative technologies at incredible scale and speed.
- Build distributed storage, index, and query systems that are scalable, fault-tolerant, low cost, and easy to manage/use.
- Work in an agile environment to deliver high quality software.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Graduated less than 6 months ago or about to complete a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related fields at time of application.
- Previous technical internship(s).
- Experience with distributed, multi-tiered systems, algorithms, and relational databases.
- Experience in optimization mathematics such as linear programming and nonlinear optimization.
- Although no specific programming language is required - You should be familiar with the syntax of languages such as Java, C/C++ or Python.
- Knowledge of Computer Science fundamentals such as object-oriented design, algorithm design, data structures, problem solving and complexity analysis.
- Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions.
- Ability to design and code the right solutions starting with broadly defined problems.
- Adept at handling ambiguous or undefined problems as well as ability to think abstractly.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Computer Science, Engineering
Cape Town (South...
- Closing Date:3rd Feb 2021, 6:00 pm