Do you have a deep passion for utilizing technology to empower businesses? Are you passionate about collaborating with technology and business leaders to deliver cloud-based solutions?
Amazon Web Services (AWS), a subsidiary of Amazon.com and a leader in Cloud Computing. This is a unique opportunity for driven, self-starters to play a key role in a fast-growing business, and to deliver significant value to AWS customers of all sizes from nimble startups to global brands. You will learn from top AWS subject matter experts and get paid while you train for an exciting career in the tech industry.
These are some of the most challenging and exciting roles in the IT industry today. We work with cutting edge technologies supporting the largest and most innovative businesses, non-profits, and government agencies around the world.
This is a an unparalleled opportunity to leapfrog your peers and take a leadership role helping AWS to transform the way the world uses technology to solve their business challenges. The skills and experiences you gain will be highly sought after throughout the industry and give you the opportunity for the career of a lifetime.
Our Associate Solutions Architect Interns are passionate technologists with technical breadth and depth coupled with strong interpersonal skills. They are passionate about helping customers build infrastructures and applications at scale. In this role, you will partner across AWS teams to help customers craft highly scalable, flexible and resilient cloud architectures that address customer business problems.
What You Will Do
- As a trusted customer advisor, you will help organizations understand best practices around cloud-based solutions, and how to migrate existing workloads to the cloud.
- You will have the opportunity to help customers use AWS within their organizations ranging from new start-ups to large enterprise customers and government departments, non-profit and regulated industries (telco’s, oil & gas and aerospace).
Required Skills and Abilities
- Completed Bachelor’s, Honours or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related fields at time of application.
- Experience with one of the following programming languages: Java, Python, Ruby, Node.js, C#, or C++.
- Experience with Networking fundamentals, Security, Databases (Relational and/or NoSQL), Operating Systems (Unix, Linux, and/or Windows).
- Any experience in High Performance Computing (CFD, CAE etc.).
- Any experience in Machine Learning (Apache MXNet, PyTorch, TensorFlow, Caffe2 or others). Amazon SageMaker would be an added advantage.
- Experience with one or more of the following domains: systems administration (Linux/Window), network administration (DNS, IPsec, BGP, VPN, Load Balancing), or programming (Node.JS, Java, Ruby, C#, Python, or PHP).
- Experience implementing a cloud-based technology solution in a school project or while working for a company.
- Fluent proficiency in English.
- Job type:Internships
Architecture, Computer Science, Engineering
Johannesburg (South Africa)
- Closing Date:13th Jun 2021, 6:00 pm