Are you excited about Server Hardware, Linux, Network Technology and want to work in the Largest Cloud Data Centers in the World? If so, we want to meet you and to help grow your technical skills!
Amazon Web Services (AWS) offers an exciting, dynamic and challenging environment encouraging creativity and personal development while maintaining AWS computing environments in a secure, scalable, and cost-effective manner. At Amazon, career progression is part of our environment. We want you to progress so come and work for the world’s most Customer Centric Company.
Data Center Operations designs, installs & maintains the world’s largest Cloud Computing Infrastructure. We are looking for Data Centre Operations trainee into our technical Data Centre Technician teams. Our scope of work includes Linux systems troubleshooting, repairing servers with hardware, dealing with network issues, handling and tracking parts and assisting in Data Centre maintenance.
The Data Center Trainee Program operates on a 3-month contract basis and provides opportunities to experience a wide range of skills and jobs through data center-related training, on-the-job training and mentoring during the working period. At the end of the program, you may be given an opportunity to be hired as an AWS Datacenter Technician through an assessment. We are waiting for active support from candidates who are interested in learning new things with excellent communication skills and hearty curiosity.
You will be excited to work effectively with minimum supervision and handle multiple priorities. Amazon Data Canters are large-scale high-density centers where you will be working on changing the face of Cloud Technology in the region.
We are looking for candidates to commit to 3-month (fulltime) contracts and we are committed to provide coaching and periodic assessments to help develop your skills. If successful after the 3-month period you have an opportunity to be interviewed to join the Amazon family full time. You will be exposed to the world’s largest cloud computing infrastructure. The role involves some periods working remotely and independently from your team and requires the ability to drive change while maintaining excellent communication.
What You Will Do
There is never a dull moment as each day presents itself with different challenges. Some of the key responsibilities you will be trained on are:
- Perform Data center Servers and Network systems installation and configurations.
- Perform hardware diagnostics and troubleshoot all Systems hardware and Network related problems.
- Perform intermediate level Linux OS troubleshooting.
- Perform intermediate level Network configuration troubleshooting.
- Perform replacement of internal and external hardware parts of Servers and Network devices.
- Perform storage media (HDD, SSD etc.) sanitization and destruction tasks.
- Maintain a high level of system reliability by prioritizing resolution of trouble tickets efficiently.
- Work with multiple internal teams (DC operations, DC Engineering, Logistics, Security, Projects etc.) and be a good team player.
- Work with external/3rd party vendors and contractors to achieve organization needs.
- Adhere to DC operations, Logistics, Security and Safety related processes and guidelines.
- Practice and enforce Amazons' Security and Safety best practices.
- Share ideas and contribute in projects to improve DC work environment and to improve DC operational efficiencies.
- Participate, lead and deliver small to mid-scale projects including Data Center rollout.
- Understands operational metrics and drive actions to achieve the targets.
- Data center server and network system installation and configuration.
- Hardware diagnosis and system and network failure handling.
- Linux OS failure handling.
- Network configuration issue resolution.
- HW parts replacement of servers and network devices.
- Storage media (HDD, SSD, etc.) disposal.
- Maintain system stability through timely failure handling.
- Collaborate with multiple teams (operation, engineering, logistics, security, projects, etc.).
- Collaborate with external/contractors.
- Comply with security and safety related processes and guidelines.
- DC work environment improvement and operational efficiency improvement projects.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical & Electronics, Computer & Communications Engineering, Information & Digital Technologies with good grades.
- Passionate about IT infrastructure and hardware with up to 2 years of working experience in relevant field.
- Good Korean/English skills - Both speaking and writing.
- Basic knowledge of system hardware and network devices (You must have a basic understanding of IT system and/or network concepts.).
- Proficient in Korean/English (Business-level English communication skills).
- Familiar with Linux operating system.
- Experience of networking setup and configuration.
- Experience of server operation system level development, familiar with server hardware.
- Linux, server operating system, hardware, component-related installation, problem-solving hands-on/practical experience.
- Network-related device equipment and environment setting hands-on/practical experience or network license holder.
- Software programming experience.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Communications, Engineering, Engineering Electrical, Information Technology
Seoul (South Korea)
- Closing Date:25th Feb 2021, 6:00 pm