Our public sector customers are transforming the way government services are developed and delivered via the AWS cloud. The Busan Cloud Innovation Center (CIC pronounced “kick”) team is looking for a technology savvy intern that is passionate about improving the digital experiences for citizens and students by enabling digital transformation in the government, non-profit and education sectors through innovative application of cloud technologies.
The Busan CIC has recently launched Innovation Challenge program. An Innovation Challenge is any problem or opportunity that end customers in public sector deem significant in their community/domain and that relies at least partially on information technologies. Tangible problems such as optimizing utilization of police body camera data, tracking water quality, or sharing city transportation data are examples of potential challenges. The innovation challenge can be thought of as a rapid product development lifecycle opportunity.
Innovation Challenge stakeholders include public sector customers that share the same mission as well as technology and solution vendors that have applicable solutions. Building on the Amazon ‘working backwards’ approach to innovation, the challenge process can be seen as a strategic business development campaign that engages with the various stakeholders through our full range of communication mechanisms.
This position requires a motivated self-starter with high ownership and thrives on working in the fast-paced complexity of a rapidly evolving business. The candidate must be detail-oriented, results driven, and be comfortable in managing multiple projects and stakeholders. An understanding of innovation and/or project management principles is an advantage in this role.
As an intern, you will independently own key project streams that can accelerate the implementation of replicable public sector cloud successes.
What You Will Do
You will collaborate with the CIC team consists of AWS and Busan IT Industry Promotion Agency staff to:
- Manage innovation programs and stakeholders.
- Organize activities and events such as innovation workshops.
- Build startup/entrepreneurship communities.
- Support Busan CIC member startups.
- Collaborate with colleagues around the world to contribute to growth of global network of CICs.
- Develop and execute marketing strategy and activities.
Required Skills and Abilities
- 3-4th year student working towards a bachelor’s and Master’s degree who can work full time for 6 months.
- Experience working with Management Consulting firms, startup or on entrepreneurial projects (e.g. university entrepreneurship clubs).
- Knowledge in innovation process and/or project management methodologies such as Design Thinking, Lean, Agile, Scrum and Critical Path.
- Demonstrated ability to be a self-starter and quick learner.
- Analytical and quantitative skills, with the ability to use Excel or other software to provide data to support analysis.
- Excellent Korean and English written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills, attention to detail, and the ability to project manage and juggle multiple priorities and stakeholders to execute high quality deliverable.
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills, including the ability to ask for help and embrace feedback.
- Thrives and deliver results in a fast-paced, sometimes ambiguous environment.
- Proactive in problem solving, liaising and following up with internal stakeholders.
- Data-oriented, passionate in technology, innovation and entrepreneurship.
- Has business acumen, and is able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Strong interpersonal skills required.
- Is curious to learn, and has a ‘can-do’ attitude with strong ownership.
- Adept at problem-solving, and can come up with creative and innovative solutions.
- Results driven with analytical capability to provide data-driven insights.
- Able to multi-task and prioritize competing stakeholder requests.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Is comfortable working independently in a fast-paced and dynamic environment.
- Job type:Internships
Korea (South Korea)
- Closing Date:20th Aug 2020, 6:00 pm