Do you want to experiment with innovative technologies, including Cloud Computing, Machine Learning, and Internet of Things? Are you passionate about educating, training, designing, and building enterprise cloud computing solutions for a diverse and challenging set of customers?
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is seeking recent graduates, early career professionals, and advanced career professionals with limited technical experience interested in jump-starting a career as an Associate Professional Services Consultant.
Successful hires will be put through the Professional Services Consultant Program or the Tech U program depending on your specialization. These are accelerated workforce development programs focused on helping recent graduates and early career professionals build technical and professional skills to jump-start technical careers at AWS.
The program features cohort-based training followed by on-the-job-training. You will complete specialized curriculum, shadow AWS experts, and receive coaching and on-the-job training to help you succeed in your new role.
Residents will also prepare to take the certification exams for AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner and AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate. During the program’s On-the-Job training phase, you will prepare for additional certifications that align to your role.
The Program Offers The Opportunity To Specialize In An Area Of Interest Including:
- DevOps Specialist - A leader in building advanced computing systems that harness continuous integration/continuous deployment pipelines and utilize the strengths of cloud computing to build scalable and economical systems for clients.
- Cloud Infrastructure Architect - An expert in cloud-based networking and system rollouts. CIAs specialize in network performance, infrastructure provisioning, and building Application Programming Interfaces (APIs).
- Application Developer - AppDev resources are specialists in designing applications that run natively in the cloud. They are experts in building programs that run on any number of platforms including virtualized instances, containers, or server less architecture.
- Data & Analytics - Data & Analytics role supports our services that leverage data and produce business insights, which may include using Machine Learning/Artificial Intelligence (ML/AI). Helping our customers use and integrate Big Data services in what is arguably our industry’s most exciting space. The portfolio of services covers EMR (Hadoop),
- DynamoDB (NoSQL), MongoDB, and Apache Cassandra.
- Security Consultant - Supports our services that have a focus on enabling security specialists using AWS Services including Identity Access Management (IAM), GuardDuty, Shield, Key Management Service (KMS), CloudTrail, CloudHSM,
- Inspector etc. Within AWS, security is job zero, and we believe that solid security practices are the foundation for using the Cloud.
What You Will Do
- As an Associate Professional Services Consultant, you will partner with customers and several AWS teams to craft highly scalable, flexible and resilient cloud architectures that address customer business problems.
- As a trusted customer advocate, you will help organizations understand best practices around cloud-based solutions, and how to migrate existing workloads to the cloud.
- You will have the opportunity to help shape and execute a strategy to build min-share and broad use of AWS within organizations.
Required Skills and Abilities
- A degree in Computer Science/Engineering/Mathematics/Technology/Related Science/technical field OR equivalent training, certifications, and/or experience (0-2 years).
- Interest and aptitude to learn about and deliver cloud-based solutions to customers.
- Experience with one of the programming languages like Java, Python, Ruby, Node.js, C#, or C++ OR the interest and technical ability to learn a programming language.
- Experience with Networking fundamentals including Security, Storage or Databases (Relational and/or NoSQL), Operating Systems (Unix, Linux, and/or Windows).
- Experience with software development lifecycle (SDLC) and agile/iterative methodologies; Experience with infrastructure as code, ops automation, and configuration management tools such as Chef, Puppet, or Ansible.
- Experience around implementing cloud-based technology solutions in a school project or while working for a company.
- Knowledge of the primary AWS services such as EC2, ELB, RDS, VPC, Route53, and S3.
- Written and verbal communication skills and ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions to both large and small audiences.
- Fluent proficiency in English.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Gauteng (South Africa)
- Closing Date:23rd Oct 2021, 6:00 pm