Are you passionate about collaborating with technology and business leaders to deliver cloud-based solutions?
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is seeking recent graduates, early career professionals, and advanced career professionals with limited technical experience interested in jump-starting a career as an Associate Solutions Architect and participating in the AWS Tech U program to advance their technical and professional skills.
AWS Tech U is 12 month accelerated workforce development program focused on helping recent graduates and early career professionals build technical and professional skills to jump-start technical careers at AWS. The program features a six-month cohort-based training followed by six months of on-the-job-training. You will complete specialized curriculum, shadow AWS experts, and receive coaching and on-the-job training to help you succeed in your new role and work towards.
Residents will also prepare to take the certification exams for AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner and AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Associate. During the program’s On-the-Job training phase, you will prepare for additional certifications that align to your role.
Are you ready to embrace the challenge? Come build the future with us.
Inclusive Team Culture:
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life harmony. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfilment AND WE encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth:
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
What You Will Do
- As an Associate Solutions Architect, you’ll help your customers successfully implement cloud technologies. You’ll solve complex, technical challenges so your customers can focus on their business. This includes using your knowledge to craft scalable, flexible, and resilient cloud architectures. You’ll drive technical solutions discussions, diving deep into the details with customer teams.
- Building relationships to understand our customers is key. As a trusted technical advisor, you’ll use your interpersonal skills to influence a variety of stakeholders from technical teams to executives. You’ll help ensure their short-term technology decisions are aligned with their long-term goals. Speeding up the adoption of our services will be part of your day to day.
- You’ll also act as an evangelist in the wider community. This includes taking part in educating, sharing best practices, presenting at events, writing white papers, blogs, and running workshops. You won’t just want to be part of an industry movement; you’ll want to be leading it.
- As a Builder, you’ll also have the chance to shape the direction of our products and services. This is through gathering feedback from customers whilst collaborating with our engineering and service teams.
Required Skills and Abilities
- A degree in Computer Science/Engineering/Mathematics/Technology/Related Science/Technical field OR equivalent training, certifications, and/or experience.
- Interest and aptitude to learn about and deliver cloud-based solutions to customers.
- Experience with one of the programming languages like Java, Python, Ruby, Node.js, C#, or C++ OR the interest and technical ability to learn a programming language.
- Written and verbal communication skills and ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions to both large and small audiences.
- Fluent proficiency in English.
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly.
- Experience with Networking fundamentals including Security, Storage or Databases (Relational and/or NoSQL), Operating Systems (Unix, Linux, and/or Windows).
- Experience with one or more of the following domains: systems administration (Linux/Window), network administration (DNS, IPsec, BGP, VPN, Load Balancing), or programming (Node.JS, Java, Ruby, C#, Python, or PHP).
- Experience around implementing cloud-based technology solutions - In a school project or while working for a company.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Cape Town (South...
- Closing Date:15th Jan 2022, 6:00 pm