Do you want to solve business challenges through innovative technology? Do you enjoy working on cutting-edge, scalable services technology in a team environment? Do you like working on industry-defining projects that move the needle?
At Amazon, we hire the best minds in technology to innovate and build on behalf of our customers. The intense focus we have on our customers is why we are one of the world’s most beloved brands - Customer obsession is part of our company DNA. Our interns write real software and collaborate with a selected group of experienced software development engineers who help interns on projects that matter to our customers.
As an intern, you will be matched to a manager and a mentor. You will have the opportunity to impact the evolution of Amazon technology as well as lead mission critical projects early in your career. Your design, code, and raw smarts will contribute to solving some of the most complex technical challenges in the areas of distributed systems, data mining, automation, optimization, scalability, and security - Just to name a few.
In addition to working on an impactful project, you will have the opportunity to engage with Amazonians for both personal and professional development, expand your network, and participate in fun activities with other interns throughout internship.
No matter the location of your internship, we give you the tools to own your project and learn in a real world setting. Many of our technologies overlap - You would be hard pressed to find a team that is not using Amazon Web Services (AWS), touching the catalogue, or iterating services to better personalize for customers.
If this sounds interesting, come chart your own path at Amazon!
Amazon internships are full-time (40 hours/week) and vary in length to fit in with your university’s program. Some are 2-3 months, others can be 6 months or even up to 12 months. Typically internships commence at the same time as University holidays over the summer months and in some locations internships start dates can vary throughout the year. Applicants should have at a minimum one quarter/semester remaining after their internship concludes.
What You Will Do
- Collaborate with experienced cross-disciplinary Amazonians to conceive, design, and bring to market innovative products and services.
- Design and build innovative technologies in a large distributed computing environment and help lead fundamental changes in the industry.
- Create solutions to run predictions on distributed systems with exposure to innovative technologies at incredible scale and speed.
- Build distributed storage, index, and query systems that are scalable, fault-tolerant, low cost, and easy to manage/use.
- Ability to design and code the right solutions starting with broadly defined problems.
- Work in an agile environment to deliver high quality software.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related fields at time of application.
- Previous technical internship(s) if applicable.
- Experience with distributed, multi-tiered systems, algorithms, and relational databases.
- Experience in optimization mathematics such as linear programming and nonlinear optimization.
- Although no specific programming language is required - You should be familiar with the syntax of languages such as Java, C/C++ or Python.
- Knowledge of Computer Science fundamentals such as object-oriented design, algorithm design, data structures, problem solving and complexity analysis.
- Ability to effectively articulate technical challenges and solutions.
- Adept at handling ambiguous or undefined problems as well as ability to think abstractly.
- Job type:Internships
Computer Science, Engineering Software
Cape Town (South...
- Closing Date:31st Jul 2021, 6:00 pm