At American Express, we know that with the right backing, people and businesses have the power to progress in incredible ways. Whether we’re supporting our customers’ financial confidence to move ahead, taking commerce to new heights, or encouraging people to explore the world, our colleagues are constantly redefining what’s possible — and we’re proud to back each other every step of the way.
When you join #TeamAmex, you become part of a diverse community of over 60,000 colleagues, all with a common goal to deliver an exceptional customer experience every day.
As a brand built on going above and beyond to provide the best customer experience, having the most exceptional colleagues is paramount. As the face of the company, you can create positive interactions with our customers every day – from curating a unique travel or lifestyle experience to helping them with their everyday needs.
And, you can grow your skills through industry-leading training and ongoing coaching, all while learning what it means to continually set the standard for world class, customer-first service.
Global Services Group delivers extraordinary customer care to Card Members, merchants and commercial clients around the world, while providing world-class credit, collections and fraud services.
Each interaction is a chance to bring the brand to life for our customers and colleagues and help build on Amex’s reputation for trust, security and service. GSG operations are critical to our business and provide an excellent entry point for interns to learn about Amex.
Our GSG Interns will serve as consultants and project managers, working with leaders to solve some of our most complex business challenges. Our primary goal is to enable superior customer experience while reducing costs, by improving and optimizing systems and processes.
As interns, you would help in identifying process gaps and come up with process improvement strategies. You will be involved in projects that will give you exposure to functions and different business groups across the enterprise – collaborating and partnering with Technology, Finance, Risk, Marketing and other teams.
Interns may have opportunities at our New York, Phoenix & Florida service centers to apply to full-time positions upon completion of the program.
Global Services Group offers a great pathway into Amex to build knowledge and experience about operations and leadership skills – including servicing, back office, Credit & Collections, card member acquisition and fraud detection.
What You Will Do
- Build strategies to improve card member experience for different channels of communication – Digital, Phone, Chat.
- Gain experience in working and collaborating with diverse teams across different functions.
- Leverage your expertise in identifying and solving for process gaps and work on building executable solutions.
- Work as a team member in a large operations organization committed to providing career growth, allowing for further enhancing individual leadership style.
- Contribute in other colleagues’ success through regular coaching & feedback.
- Building prioritized recommendations to ensure streamlined and consistent experience.
- Enable tactical delivery of strategic themes including making processes easier, faster, and consistent.
- Partnering with other groups across the organization to ensure strategy/procedural alignment.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Currently enrolled in full-time undergraduate degree program with aptitude for quantitative analytics and preferably pursuing Finance / Operations / Information Systems or Business Administration.
- Students must have a graduation date between December 2021 and June 2022.
- Adept at problem solving, data analysis and insights, and analytical tools.
- High motivation, enthusiasm and dedication to deliver results within strict timeframes.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines simultaneously.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work independently or in teams.
- Strong communication and listening skills with ability to clearly and consistently communicate with colleagues across levels.
- Results driven with the ability to manage work & initiatives to completion.
- Strong knowledge of MS Office Suite especially Excel & PowerPoint.
- Understanding of complex problem solving, cost benefit analysis, Six Sigma, project management, Statistics, operational research, data mining, regression analysis, forecasting, quality control and process or value stream mapping a plus.
- Job type:Internships
Administration, Banking and Finance, Business and...
United States (United...
- Closing Date:15th Nov 2020, 6:00 pm