Amgen’s 10 – 13 week internship program offers meaningful project experiences that impact patient’s lives. This internship provides the opportunity for executive and social networking events and to participate in community volunteer projects while providing a competitive compensation.
Would you like to take your engineering, technical and analytical skills to help deliver the world's most advanced and life-changing biotech medicines? Amgen is using Enterprise Data Lake, cloud technology, and continuous deployment pipelines to build new drug therapies for patients that address grievous illnesses. We are seeking interns for our Summer 2021 program!
Our Information Systems (IS) Department at our Amgen Capability Center in Tampa, Florida is looking for students with outstanding academic records and demonstrated leadership capabilities.
During our summer program, interns experience a fast paced, hands on environment under the mentorship of an IS Manager. We match Interns to meaningful and challenging projects that deliver lasting value. Amgen's IS groups support over 19,000 users worldwide!
There are three different opportunities within Amgen’s Information Systems Organization.
IS Software Engineer Undergrad Intern:
This role employs software development, configuration and design techniques that ensure alignment to software development standards, performance efficiency, reliable and maintainable code, and self-documenting programs. Candidates should demonstrate a basic understanding of software development methodologies and techniques.
Responsibilities could include - Developing, testing, debugging, and detailing components of applications; developing project plans; transforming basic business processes into programming logic.
IS Data Scientist Undergrad Intern:
This role combines your knowledge and experience to extract insights from large volumes of data in various forms. Candidates should be able to demonstrate knowledge of advanced statistical techniques to build high performing predictive models and creativity to utilize these skills to address business objectives and client needs.
Responsibilities could include - Executing/analyzing data analysis and modeling projects from design and processing of data; testing new statistical analysis methods, software and data sources for continual improvement of quantitative solutions; developing new ways for scientists to utilize data from multiple sources; developing automated capability to read unstructured data and convert it to structured content that is available for analysis and modeling.
IS Business Analyst Undergrad Intern:
This role translates business needs into system requirements. It requires the skills to clearly capture and articulate the client's needs, partner with the client to identify process improvement, and translate strategies into solutions.
Responsibilities could include - Drafting and updating project plans; assisting in testing, maintaining, and documenting components of applications; following standard policies and procedures in analyzing situations or data from which answers can be readily obtained.
Examples of Prior Internship Projects Include:
- Mobile website and app development.
- Infrastructure and Cloud automation on premises utilizing Amazon Web Services.
- Interactive visualization of data from multiple competitor pipeline database.
- Salesforce application development.
- New direct-to-consumer email campaign deployment.
- Creation of a segregated manufacturing network DMZ.
- Microsoft SharePoint site design, development, and support.
Required Skills and Abilities
- 18 years or older.
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s Degree program from an accredited college or university with a 3.0 minimum GPA or equivalent.
- Completion of one year of study from an accredited college or university prior to the internship commencing.
- Enrolled in a full time Bachelor’s program following the potential internship or co-op assignment with an accredited college or university.
- Must not be employed at the time the internship starts.
- Degree concentration(s) in Information Technology, Computer Science (e.g., CS, CPE, SE), Engineering, Business, or related field.
- 3rd Year standing with graduation between December 2021 to summer 2022.
- 1 or more years relevant work experience.
- Biotechnology, pharmaceutical or health care industry experience.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Power Point.
- Strong interpersonal, project management, analytical and quantitative skills.
- Proficient in one of the coding languages (Python, Java, Scala, SQL).
- Detail oriented.
- Demonstrated personal initiative, self-motivation, flexibility, adaptability and resourcefulness.
- Ability to effectively operate independently, across functional lines, and with both internal and external customers.
- Coursework in one or more the following areas - Business Systems analysis, Lean, Agile (SCRUM) and other SDLC processes, Software Development, Database Modeling, Web Design and Development, IT Management, Management of
- Cloud based application, B2B Collaboration, Enterprise systems such as configuration and management of ERP, CRM systems.
- Job type:Internships
Computer Science, Engineering, Information Technology
Tampa (United States...
- Closing Date:16th Mar 2021, 6:00 pm