We have an exciting position for a Entry Level Hydrogeologist to support the hydrogeologist in the mine dewatering process.We’re the best in the industry. You’ll make us better.
Guided by our purpose and our values, we enable both high performance and purposeful action as we aim to “re-imagine mining to improve people’s lives", delivering the metals and minerals that make modern life possible – from mobile phones to medicines.
Kumba Iron Ore:
We produce high-grade iron ore, the key component in steel widely used in construction and manufacturing across the world. Our activities include all aspects – exploration; mining; processing and blending; shipping; marketing and selling. In South Africa, we have mining operations in the Northern Cape province, as well as a head office in Centurion, Gauteng, and a port operation in Saldanha Bay, Western Cape.
What We Offer:
When you join Anglo American, you can expect to enjoy a competitive salary and benefits package. But more than this, you’ll find yourself in an environment where the opportunities for learning and growth are second to none. From technical training to leadership programmes, we bring out the best in our people. There are plenty of opportunities to move onwards and upwards too. We’re a large, successful multinational company – And we’re still growing all the time.
What You Will Do
- Monitor water level, pump volumes and consumer volumes at specific intervals.
- Support dewatering Capital projects with Technical input.
- Support the Hydrogeologist with dewatering drilling and consultants for geohydrological studies.
- Interact with Service departments such as Mine Planning, Geology and Survey as well as ensuring that mine plans, geotechnical engineering standards and Mine Code of Practices related to Geotechnical Engineering are signed-off.
- Assist with ad-Hoc dewatering projects.
- Manage internal stakeholders to ensure that business needs are met.
- Manage a safe and healthy work environment where workers and contractor can deliver their outputs within a controlled risk environment.
- Keep environmental impact within statutory requirements to ensure compliance to statutory requirements are met.
Required Skills and Abilities
- BSc Degree or BTech majoring in Hydrogeology (NQF level 6).
- BSc Hons in Hydrogeology will be advantageous.
- 1 years’ experience in Geohydrology in the Mining Industry
- Must be eligible for candidate registration with the South African Council for Natural Scientific Professions (SACNASP) would be advantageous.
- Valid South African driver’s license.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
South Africa (South...
- Closing Date:19th Nov 2020, 6:00 pm