Anglo American’s purpose is to reimagine mining to improve people’s lives and is committed to creating a Living Mine that brings positive value to the people and environment where we operate. Supply Chain is positioning itself for the future, by becoming more purpose-driven in aid of realizing the Anglo American purpose and driving to be more agile and resilient.
Central to being more purpose-driven is delivering significantly more positive impact within our host communities, acting as supplier interface to provide velocity to our innovation, technical & sustainability change programme, that includes improved safety performance and the embedment of circular economy principles, as well as overall delivery of significantly more sustainable value. To build a more agile and resilient Supply Chain the commoditized execution and digitalization of processes is a key focus whilst driving operational excellence.
The commercial team is responsible for the end-to-end management of all procurement activities within the South African region, including Regional Category Management, Sourcing & Contracts, Project Procurement and Purchasing. The team works with regional business and Supply Chain stakeholders to implement and manage performance of contracts and suppliers, grow the host community supply base and ensure effective supply of goods and services required for operations.
What You Will Do
- To provide contract administration (price file administration, contract variations) and project administration support to the commercial Supply Chain teams.
- Provide relevant sourcing & contracting, category management and project procurement administrative activities in a timely and visible manner.
- Support for supplier engagements (preparation and minutes etc.).
- General category/contract administration work, price file uploads and master data updates.
- Embrace an agile Supply Chain by being adaptive and flexible to accommodate and focus on emerging and changing business priorities.
- Provide administrative support with the implementation of sustainable value creation strategies, initiatives and associated business cases, that advance Anglo American technical, community, sustainability, and financial ambition.
- Provide regular, timeous and accurate reporting for activities in relevant portfolio.
- Provide relevant administrative planning support BU & corporate routine and tactical sourcing & contracting and contractor management activities.
- Maintain relationships with existing suppliers and new partners within the supply market.
- Support the team to identify supplier development needs and opportunities, and provide input into the development of solutions.
Required Skills and Abilities
- An undergraduate qualification - Bachelor degree level or equivalent, alternatively relevant tertiary qualification and proven track record of practical experience in a role and context of similar complexity.
- Transactional Procurement.
- SAP Purchasing knowledge.
- Process compliance monitoring.
- SC systems.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Administration, Logistics and Supply Chain
Johannesburg (South Africa)
- Closing Date:19th Apr 2022, 6:00 pm