We are looking for an enthusiastic and ambitious individual to join us on our Marketing Trader graduate programme. You’re dedicated, talented and have a strong ability to learn. That’s why you’ll fit in.
High performing teams that work together to make decisions and get things done more effectively are crucial to Anglo American’s success.
Guided by our purpose and our values, we enable both high performance and purposeful action as we aim to “re-imagine mining to improve people’s lives", delivering the metals and minerals that make modern life possible – from mobile phones to medicines.
As well as discovering, mining and processing many of the essential raw materials that enable, support and enhance modern life, our global business is involved in selling and marketing products – copper, platinum and other precious metals, iron ore, coal, nickel and diamonds.
Through our Marketing Business, we are able to offer innovative solutions to meet our customers’ specific challenges. This includes physical products, logistics and technical support, as well as pricing and financing solutions. By offering freight services as well as actively managing the entire value chain, we ensure cost effective, reliable product supply and quality, when and where our customers need it. We have created new ways of working, devised more streamlined processes and procedures, and standardised information management systems.
To achieve this, we can count on a passionate group of people with a diverse blend of talents. They are at the heart of everything we do. This is a fantastic opportunity to gain hands-on experience in a variety of areas.
What You Will Do
Our Marketing Trader Graduate Programme will help you develop hands-on knowledge and experience in Sales Operations, Market Intelligence and Trading during your 3-year rotation.
Your Rotation In Sales Operations Will Include:
- Support contract management and execution.
- Support shipment execution and logistics planning.
- Assist in preparation of the shipping documentations for payment negotiation.
- Assist in maintaining the physical shipment files.
- Assist in checking trade finance related matters.
Your Rotation In Market Intelligence Will Include:
- Deliver market analysis in support of marketing, sales and trading activities covering the market, as a key input into commercial value generation.
- Support commercial value generation by delivering market intelligence through the process that includes gathering, collating, filtering, analysing and interpreting market data and information.
- Distilling forward looking market analysis support into a price view.
- Providing analytical support to uncover price, geographical, timing and quality arbitrage opportunities which the trading team can act to generate additional value.
- Contribute to tactical & strategic planning around future product options to take advantage of identified arbitrages.
- Keep up to date with key developments in the industry by building and maintaining relationships with internal and external stakeholders and peers.
- Produce the monthly & quarterly market analysis used as input into the quarterly outlook reports and performance reporting.
Your Rotation In Trading Will Include:
- Capturing and analysing market data from different exchanges.
- Assist in developing a framework capable of predicting market movements (flat price, time spreads, product spreads, market spreads).
- Preparing documentation required for brokers and/or banking hedging counterparts.
At the end of your 3-year rotation you will have an opportunity to be considered for a Trader role.
Required Skills and Abilities
- You have a degree in Business Studies, International Business, Finance or similar subject.
- You are organised and are able to prioritise your work to meet deadlines.
- You have proven analytical skills with strong attention to detail.
- You are able to see the ‘big picture’ and take an objective view.
- You have good interpersonal skills and a ‘can do’ attitude.
- You have a strong ability to learn.
- You are computer literate (Excel, Word and PowerPoint).
- You speak English at business fluency level.
- You have the right to work in South Africa.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Banking and Finance, Business and Commerce
Johannesburg (South Africa)
- Closing Date:15th Mar 2020, 6:00 pm