Come and join us as part of Anglo American Platinum, Amandelbult Mine is inviting highly driven and motivated individuals to partake in its Graduate Programme.
This is a Fixed Term Contract for 3 years. This role is in the Mining Department at a C4 Level reporting to Human Resource Development Coordinator People Development.
Here's an exciting opportunity to join us - You will take on a range of different tasks within the Mining Department.
What We Offer:
When you join Anglo American, you can expect to enjoy a competitive salary and benefits package. But more than this, you’ll find yourself in an environment where the opportunities for learning and growth are second to none. From technical training to leadership programmes, we bring out the best in our people. There are plenty of opportunities to move onwards and upwards too. We’re a large, successful multinational company - And we’re still growing all the time.
What You Will Do
Your responsibilities will include:
- To undertake daily underground production work and to monitor compliance to all safety and mine standards.
- Caring out appropriate early entry examination tasks, Input relevant data into plans and layouts.
- Liaising with the Shift Supervisors to determine and declare the workplace safe and attend to the production teams needs according to their operational plans or problems encountered.
- Monitoring underground conditions and reporting to the relevant Departments.
- Guideline management in standards for section safety and performance.
- Audit mining standards for support and pillars to ensure conformance.
- Monitoring legal conformance to procedures and standards in terms of Mine Standards.
- Participation in the investigation of relevant mining related incidents and accidents.
- Supporting the Shift Supervisor/Mine Overseer with production information to compile reports.
- Assisting the Shift supervisor with the risk assessments on the stope and development plans.
- Assisting with the reviewing of mining layouts and support.
- Apply recognized work, legislative and security standards.
- Monitors and reports stability of underground workings to the Rock Engineering department.
Required Skills and Abilities
- BEng/ BSc Eng/ B-Tech Degree in Mining Engineering.
- Completed an underground Hard-Rock Blasting Certificate/Rock Breaker Certificate.
- Busy completing an underground Hard-Rock Blasting Certificate/Rock Breaker Certificate.
- Experience as a miner will be advantageous.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
South Africa (South...
- Closing Date:21st Mar 2021, 6:00 pm