We’re the world’s leading diamond company, powered by thousands of people around the world, with a mission to support local communities, protect our natural environment and shape a brighter future.
Come and join us as a Strategy Development Intern on a 6 month appointment where you’ll support the Strategy Development team across several key and dynamic areas:
- In-depth analysis of key consumer markets (macro and socio-economic trends, luxury trends, diamond jewelry trends, consumer behaviors, retail landscape, competitors analysis, new business models, etc.) to derive strategic recommendations for De Beers Group brands with regards to “Where to Play” and “How to Win”.
- Development of automated on-demand dashboards to track strategic assumptions (brands performance, competitors’ performance, market evolution).
- Development of content for Insight Portal focusing on, but not limited to, competitor profiling.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Working towards a Master's Degree in Finance, Marketing or Business school.
- At least 2 years professional experience in marketing, consulting, or corporate strategy.
- Experience within a consumer-goods/ luxury company preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills.
- Analytical Thinking/Problem Solving - Applies analytical thinking to solve complex business problems and issues. Ability to draw conclusions from fact-based analyses, come up with creative solutions and actionable strategic recommendations.
- Willingness to go beyond the obvious answers. Ability to perform root cause analysis and surface key assumptions.
- Modelling - Strong data analysis and modelling skills. Proficient with Excel and PowerBI. Ability to organize and manage complex market data and information sets. Good understanding of financial statements.
- Information Presentation and Communication - Ability to clearly communicate, in writing and orally, key points of analysis convincingly, succinctly and credibly. Proficient with PowerPoint. Strong inter-personal and communication skills at all levels, with peers, managers and senior executives. Able to work across cultural boundaries and interact with internal and external resources and projects on a global scale.
- Planning and Organization - sets clearly defined goals for self with a view to deliver on goals on time. Self-starter, flexible, "can do" attitude. Willing to take on a high degree of responsibility and accountability.
- Quality/Results Driven - Checks own work and constantly seeks to improve quality of analytical work and deliver analyses to a high standard. Attention to detail and accuracy. Ability to deliver work of highest standard in deadline-driven environment.
- Curious about global macro and socio-economic trends, consumer trends, innovation and new business models in the consumer & retail space (including digital). Strong intellectual curiosity.
- Job type:Internships
Banking and Finance, Business and Commerce,...
South Africa (South...
- Closing Date:26th Nov 2020, 6:00 pm