The purpose of this role is to provide direct and indirect technical support to the Executive Head of Technical to deliver the Technical & Sustainability strategic objectives through leading, contributing towards and coordinating various multi-disciplinary, cross-functional projects, assignments and core engagements.
What You Will Do
- Collaborate with the T&S leadership team, to coordinate, develop, adjust and align T&S strategic objectives and associated initiative management schedules with the broader Group objectives and function priority deliverables.
- Collaborate with the T&S leadership team to refine measures and reports that accurately diagnose and track the function’s core delivery and associated remedial actions.
- In conjunction with the T&S leadership team, develop and maintain a T&S annual Key Activity Planner that programmes and co-ordinates key business interfaces, reporting and governance activities, prioritizing and/or collating core activities and submissions as required.
- Engage with the T&S leadership team to prepare the required documentation, technical packs and/or key decision support material and recommendations to ensure that the Executive Head of Technical has relevant documentation and is appropriately briefed in advance of engagements, Board Meetings.
- Co-ordinate, manage, lead or implement various T&S projects, research and benchmarking activities as assigned from time.
- Developing a technical strategy and engagement programme to support the above strategies and approaches ensuring technical leadership towards a step-up in supply side performance.
- Co-ordinate various activities as assigned to ensure internal and external reports, correspondence, communications, etc. are appropriately managed and timely.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Honours Degree in a Technical, Commercial or related field.
- Post graduate Commercial or Business qualification would be advantageous.
- Experience in contributing towards Implementing/operationalizing strategy.
- Demonstrated track record of identifying organizational value driver opportunities through applying sound business acumen and commercial judgement.
- Comprehensive technical and/or management experience in the mining, engineering, construction or related industries.
- Strategy formulation experience and the ability to operationalize the strategy.
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Business and Commerce
South Africa (South...
- Closing Date:24th Oct 2021, 6:00 pm