To provide specialist treasury front office services to Anglo American South Africa’s corporate center and business units through the strategic analysis and execution of these risks.
What We Offer:
When you join Anglo American, you can expect to enjoy a competitive salary and benefits package. But more than this, you’ll find yourself in an environment where the opportunities for learning and growth are second to none. From technical training to leadership programs, we bring out the best in our people. There are plenty of opportunities to move onwards and upwards too. We’re a large, successful multinational company – And we’re still growing all the time.
What You Will Do
- Analyze, coordinate and execute specialist treasury front office services for Anglo American corporate and relevant business units including cash management, liquidity risk, foreign exchange risk, deal execution, and counterparty risk.
- Manage key treasury relationships with strategic corporate and business unit staff including finance directors and experienced finance managers.
- Analyze, negotiate and implement multiple types of external financing transactions for Anglo corporate and business units.
- Deliver expert treasury input to other group finance division projects such as tax, corporate finance and financial reporting.
- Deliver strategic and tactical engagement with the company’s external funders and credit rating agencies.
- Provide specialist advice to business units on suitable investment strategies and external asset managers for rehabilitation liabilities.
- Identify, develop, implement and maintain complex quantitative models analyzing treasury risks.
- Write/construct motivations for corporate and business unit FD and/or board approvals on various strategic treasury initiatives.
- Update annual capital market note program through internal and external legal, regulatory and sponsor engagement.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Degree level education such as BComm, BusSc, BSc Actuarial Science.
- Preferably with a postgraduate qualification such as CA, CFA or MBA.
- Proven post qualification experience as a treasury manager or financial manager.
- Financial market dealing experience.
- Specialist treasury management knowledge of interest rate-, foreign exchange-, commodity- and derivatives markets and risks.
- Understanding of treasury risk management principles.
- South African and international financial markets .
- Job type:Graduate Jobs
Johannesburg (South Africa)
- Closing Date:25th Apr 2020, 6:00 pm