Aon Internship Experience gives you hands-on working experience and is designed to give you an insight into our business, an understanding of our culture while developing critical skills necessary for future success and postgraduate opportunities at Aon.
During your time here, you will be contributing to our business and taking on real responsibility. You will be supported by a ‘buddy’, a mentor to answer any questions you might have about your work and our business, and be provided the necessary technical knowledge and business skills during the internship.
Our program runs from 17 May 2021 to 23 July 2021.
The Commercial Risk Solutions AGCN (Aon Global Client Network) team provides high quality risk and insurance advisory and placement services to a wide range of large corporate organizations in Singapore. The clients are mainly headquartered in other countries whereby we work with both our overseas Aon producing offices and the clients’ operations in Singapore to ensure that they have robust risk transfer and risk management program in place. This includes public listed companies and some of the best-known corporate names.
Our department thrives on teamwork, knowledge sharing and bringing the best of Aon to our clients to offer them wholistic solutions. We collaborate freely within the department and with the vast group of colleagues in our specialties and regional offices. We recognize the strengths of each individual and work together to create synergies and deliver best-in-class solutions and services to our corporate clients, empowering them to maximizing economic possibilities.
What You Will Do
The successful candidate will experience the provision of professional service for a portfolio of accounts, as follow:
Understand and Appreciate:
- Basics of risk identification, risk mapping and risk responses, including but not limited to risk management and risk transfer.
- General insurance and process of managing insurance (risk transfer) contracts.
- Risk transfer program design, implementation and servicing.
- Evolving and dynamic business risk landscape.
- Client’s risk and insurance requirements.
- Specialized risk and insurance resources within Aon.
- Cutting edge solutions for complex business challenges.
- Wide range of professional consultancy and expertise that Aon provide to clients.
Experience Role of Risk and Insurance Advisor:
- Attend client and insurer meetings.
- Observe client presentations and negotiations with insurers.
- Participate in risk and site surveys, if any.
- Ensure alignment with client’s corporate risk management and insurance philosophy, while ensuring compliance with local client’s needs.
- Understand the dynamics between different stakeholders and how to ensure a successful outcome for all.
Data Management Support for Account Servicers:
- Manage data and perform analytics, including claims.
- Compile comparison of risk transfer terms and quotes from insurers.
- Receive and verify risk declarations.
Management of Policies, Certificates of Insurance, Cover Notes, Endorsements etc. Involved in specific projects. Other duties and projects assigned
Required Skills and Abilities
- Undergraduates graduating in December 2022 and beyond.
- Degree in any discipline, 2nd class honors or GPA 3.0 and above strongly preferred.
- Meticulous and able to multi-task.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications.
- Ability to work as an integral part of a team, fostering teamwork and cultivating relationships, as well as work independently or with minimal direction.
- Strong interpersonal communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written.
- Adaptability – quick learner.
- Job type:Internships
- Closing Date:5th Feb 2021, 6:00 pm